Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole. This quick and easy smoked sausage casserole is a warm and comforting meal and is a good go-to weeknight dinner. Smoked Sausage Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Heat the grill to high and uncover the casserole.
Plus, it's ready in under an hour! Drain any excess oil from the pan then add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes to soften. Add in the leeks, potato and smoked paprika and cook. You can have Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole
- You need of beef smoked sausage "rope".
- You need of can stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare of large yellow onion.
- Prepare of small zucchini.
- Prepare of small to medium yellow squash.
- Prepare of mushrooms (white button or cremini).
- You need of butter.
- It’s of yellow corn meal.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of water.
- It’s of salt (start with 1, adjust to taste).
- You need of black pepper.
Poor Man's Smoked Sausage and Pepper Casserole Recipe. This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a small commission if you This casserole is simple and easy and let me tell you… finger lickin' good. You'll have to make enough for leftovers. Every single time we make this.
Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole step by step
- Prep: Cut sausage, zucchini, and yellow squash in half lengthwise, then slice to 1/2"thick slices. Clean and quarter mushrooms. Chop onion to 1/2" pieces. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Melt butter in a large, deep sided sautée pan over medium heat. Add all ingredients prepped in step 1. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies begin to just soften, stirring often. About 10 minutes..
- Add tomatoes with juices. Use spoon to break up some of the tomato slices into smaller pieces. Stir in water. Simmer 5 more minutes..
- Turn off heat. Combine corn meal and flour in a medium bowl. Add to veggie mixture. Stir to combine. It will look gloppy and pastey. This is good. Lol.
- Press mixture into a greased 9×13" casserole. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy..
Put smoked sausage in frying pan. Add chopped onion and saute until onion is tender. Make the night before for a filling and flavorful breakfast the next morning, this spicy tortilla casserole showcases chopped green chilies, smoked Andouille sausage and pepper jack cheese. A warm, potato sausage crockpot meal! It's easy, simple and super delicious!