Chicken Saltimbocca. Chicken saltimbocca's lively taste will make your mouth do the happy dance. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Lidia Bastianich's chicken saltimbocca is a quick, streamlined recipe for busy cooks.
It is a restaurant dish, but at home on a weeknight, a chicken breast version makes a very tasty facsimile. Easy Chicken Saltimbocca- this is my take on traditional saltimbocca. Chicken Saltimbocca With Spinach & Potatoes. You can cook Chicken Saltimbocca using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Saltimbocca
- You need 4 of to 6 chicken breast filets.
- Prepare 1 of fresh or frozen spinach (if frozen then thaw before prep).
- Prepare 4 of to 6 slices of prosciutto (1 for each filet).
- Prepare 1 of fresh mozzarella (sliced) or grated fresh parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of several toothpicks.
- You need 1 cup of red pasta sauce **see Basic Sauce Recipe**.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon.
- You need 1 of flour (approx 1/4 cup…optional).
- Prepare 1 of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to coat pan well).
Swap Thick Chicken Breast for Thin Cutlets. Chicken saltimbocca is an Italian dish that wraps chicken cutlets with prosciutto slices. Remove chicken from skillet to serving platter; cover loosely with tent of foil, being careful not to let foil touch cheese. This chicken saltimbocca is chicken cutlets wrapped in prosciutto slices and seasoned with sage, then pan seared and topped with a white wine sauce.
Chicken Saltimbocca step by step
- Filet chicken breasts or buy it already filetted. Trim fat off and pound flat. Salt and pepper both sides..
- Add spinach then prosciutto then cheese. Roll tightly from bottom to top and toothpick to hold in place..
- Roll each chicken in flour..
- in a deep frying pan heat oil at med-hi. Sear chicken on each side briefly. (1-2 min each side).
- Add sauce, stock, and lemon juice to chicken. Bring to a boil briefly and then lower temperature to simmer and cover for 15-20 min. Turn each chicken over and simmer for another 15-20 min.
- Plate and spoon sauce over chicken. Enjoy!.
- **NOTE** top with extra parm cheese and serve with rice or pasta or alongside grilled asparagus..
This chicken saltimbocca recipe is cutlets and cheese and prosciutto and a lovely pan sauce and This chicken saltimbocca is essentially an Italian rendition of chicken cordon bleu that's just as. No, saltimbocca is not the latest dance craze, it means "jump in the mouth" in Italian. Chicken Saltimbocca is a recipe that is commonly found on menus in Italian restaurants. And now you can make it at home! Saltimbocca means "jump in the mouth"-apt for a fast dish that marries woodsy sage, bright lemon, and salty prosciutto.