Pickled Cucumbers (Quick-Prep Microwave Version). Make your own Quick Pickled Cucumbers with this basic pickle brine. Quick Pickled Cucumbers aren't too sour OR too sweet. There's no special equipment needed for the pickle brine and you probably have all the ingredients you need.
These crunchy Japanese quick pickles are easy to make and the perfect salty, sweet and sour low calorie snack to serve before or with a meal. Pickles are one of my favorite low calorie snacks – pregnant or not – and these Japanese Quick Pickled Cucumbers do not disappoint. These quick pickled cucumbers are an easy way to make pickles at home! You can have Pickled Cucumbers (Quick-Prep Microwave Version) using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pickled Cucumbers (Quick-Prep Microwave Version)
- You need 2 of Cucumbers.
- Prepare 10 grams of Ginger (julienne).
- Prepare 60 ml of ● Soy sauce.
- You need 40 grams of ● Sugar.
- You need 15 ml of ● Vinegar.
These quick pickled cucumbers still feature probiotic benefits, but are made in a fraction of the time. They are so perfect for putting on burgers and have become a staple in my house over the past several weeks. Regular cucumbers have a thick, bitter, dark green skin and a lot of seeds. These are best used when you want to make a pickle that is skinless with the seeds removed.
Pickled Cucumbers (Quick-Prep Microwave Version) step by step
- Slice cucumber into 5 mm thickness, sprinkle with salt (not included in ingredients) and let sit for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, put the ● ingredients in a heat-proof dish and microwave for 2 minutes..
- Drain the excess water and add ginger to Step 2..
- Mix lightly from time to time..
- It will be done in 2 to 3 hours (It's almost done at this stage, but it becomes more thoroughly pickled with time)..
- Chill in the refrigerator after pickling..
- Don't throw away the remaining liquid! You can use it for the next time you make this. Since it will be watered down, add seasoning to boost the flavor..
- Refer tofor the non-microwave version..
A wide variety of cucumbers pickled options are available to you, such as preservation process, processing type, and style. Preparation Variation for Firmer Pickles: Wash cucumbers. May be canned as either strips or slices. Slice the cucumber as thin as possible (use a mandoline or other vegetable slicer if you have one). Looking for a quick Pickled Cucumber Recipe?