Southern Sweet Deviled Eggs.
You can have Southern Sweet Deviled Eggs using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Sweet Deviled Eggs
- Prepare Dozen of Eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sweet Relish.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Celery Seed.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Mustard Powder.
- Prepare of Paprika.
Southern Sweet Deviled Eggs step by step
- Place the eggs in a large pot. Fill with water. Set a timer for 20 minutes. Heat the eggs on high up to a boil then turn off the heat..
- After the timer is up, add ice to the eggs until the ice stops dissolving immediately..
- Put the pot directly under cold water and peel. Cut each egg cut in half and put the yolk in a mixing bowl. Place the egg halves on a serving platter..
- Mash the egg yolks. Mix in the mayo and relish in a tablespoon at time, adjusting slightly until the mix turns from a paste to icing. Be careful not to add too much or it can go from icing to sauce (too far)..
- Add the sugar, salt, mustard powder, and dash of celery seed to taste. Adjust as necessary..
- Fill each egg half with the mixture. I like to pour it into a plastic baggie, then cut the tip to make a one-use frosting piping bag..
- Garnish with paprika and serve on a bed of lettuce and/or celery..