Cottage Pie. Always freeze the pie on the day that you make it. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then cook as per the recipe. Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie.
The dish is now popular worldwide. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling. Cottage Pie – comfort food central! You can cook Cottage Pie using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- Prepare of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s of zucchini.
- It’s of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Instant mashed potatoes.
- It’s of Lean ground Beef.
This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling smothered in gravy topped with creamy..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James.
Cottage Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Chop garlic, onion, and zucchini..
- Heat olive oil in pan, when hot add garlic. Sautee for 3 min..
- Add chopped onion to garlic. Sautee until onion is caramelized. Add extra olive oil if needed..
- Add slicedushrooms to sauteed onion and garlic. I love mushrooms so I add the entire package otherwise add 1/2 package. Add olive oil as needed – Sautee untill mushrooms are caramelized..
- Put sauteed vege's aside into baking dish. Using the same pan, cook ground beef until pink is gone. Drain out juices..
- When ground beef is done, add to baking dish..
- If you want to add other veggies (ie. green beans, etc) add to baking dish now..
- Pour contents of mushroom soup over contents of baking dish. Stir well..
- I like cheese so I put 1/2 cup of cheese over mixture. You can omit..
- Cook mashed potatoes according to package directions. If there are 2 packages of instant mashed potatoes in box, I use both. Can never have too much potatoes. Add to the top of mixture..
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins in the oven or until potatoes are brown. You can add cheese to the top about 15 mins until done..
- ** You can add chopped bacon and/or chives and sprinkle over potatoes before serving. Best to serve with bread..
- ** Add salt and black pepper according to taste..
- Serve with bread and green salad. Or not..
This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie. It is a dish that originated around the time that As cottage pie became popular throughout Britain and potatoes became a staple crop in Ireland, the.