Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry. You could make a puff pastry snowflake with the baked camembert in the middle if you prefer. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Position the Le Rustique Camembert lid in the middle.
Then place the other pastry sheet on top, press down and crimp the edges with your fingers. The next time you want to wow them at a party, bring out this creamy Camembert cheese baked with pears and cranberries in a pastry wrapping. In this video, you'll get step-by-step instructions for rolling and trimming a sheet of store-bought puff pastry to form the wrapping. You can have Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry
- You need 125 grams of Camembert ronde.
- You need 1 tsp of plum jam.
- You need 1 slice of frozen puff pastry thawed.
- Prepare 1/3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
Wade Murphy's Baked Camembert Cheese in Puff Pastry: Today. Close the Camembert by folding up the pastry and press firmly for a tight seal one by one. Brush with the remaining beaten egg, sprinkle with the nigella seeds. This cheese, pastry and sweet quince dish is the perfect starter.
Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry step by step
- Place teaspoon of plum jam in centre of sheet of frozen puff pastry.
- Place Camembert ronde on top of plum jam.
- Finely slice 1/3 clove of garlic and place on top of cheese.
- Fold pastry over Camembert fully enclosing it and place parcel seam-side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Beat egg yolk and brush parcel all over.
- Bake in 200? oven for 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Serve with crackers and grapes or summer fruits, even better serve with a glass of Botritis wine.
This is pretty much cheese-lovers nirvana; cutting open a baked camembert is one of those moments that compels a collective gasp around the table, before a quick clamour to find a suitable means of damming the tide of melted cheese. Brie and puff pastry make a formidable duo all on their own, but you can up the ante by topping the wheel of brie with any Make ahead: The brie can be wrapped in pastry and kept refrigerated for up to a day before baking and serving. Brush with egg wash just before baking. Pears baked in puff pastry with gorgonzola cheese and walnuts. Camembert cheese with herbs, decorated with a sprig of rosemary and walnut.