Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. This buttermilk ranch dressing is cool, creamy, garlicky and delicious over a romaine salad or as a dip for crudités or chips. Ranch dressing is essentially a buttermilk mayonnaise dressing spiffed up with herbs. It was popularized by Clorox, when they figured out a way to make their Hidden Valley brand shelf stable.
The flavor is best if you can let it sit for at least an hour before serving. This is the best homemade buttermilk ranch dressing recipe, period. The best that I've ever tried, that's for sure. You can have Buttermilk Ranch Dressing using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of paprika.
I am not a big ranch dressing fan but this one really tickled my taste buds. You can mix and match herbs if you'd like, as well as play around with the amount of buttermilk in the recipe. Stay at the lower end for a thicker dressing. Most homemade ranch recipes contain sour cream and mayo as a I wanted to see if I could come up with a ranch dressing without buttermilk that didn't seem like it was.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing instructions
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl and blend well..
- When measuring the spices, I used heaping 1/4 teaspoons because I like a little extra flavor..
- For best flavor, refrigerate 24 hours before serving to allow spices to marinate..
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is an indulgence for me because it feels indulgent. It is so creamy and it has so much flavor, with that "tang" which makes it more interesting than any other dressing. Make your own homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. It's herby, tangy, lowfat and so much fresher than bottled. Salad dressing is something we all pick up in the grocery.