Our Family's Stollen.
You can have Our Family's Stollen using 20 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Family's Stollen
- Prepare 300 grams of ★Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of ★Cake flour.
- It’s 100 grams of ★Almond powder.
- It’s 10 grams of ★ Instant dry yeast.
- It’s 80 grams of ★Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of ★Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of ◎Egg.
- You need 100 ml of ◎Milk.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- Prepare 130 grams of Unsalted butter (at room temperature).
- It’s 150 grams of combined Nuts of your choice (walnuts, almonds, pecans etc.).
- Prepare 200 grams of combined ◆Dried fruits of your choice (raisins, figs, orange peel, apricots etc.).
- You need 2 tbsp of ◆Rum.
- Prepare of Finishing Touches:.
- You need 100 grams of ☆Butter.
- Prepare 100 grams of ☆Granulated sugar.
- It’s 100 grams of ☆Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Powdered sugar (to finish).
Our Family's Stollen instructions
- Sprinkle ◆ dried fruits with rum and mix well. Leave to macerate for at least half a day. Chop up the nuts..
- Grate the lemon zest first, then cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice. Use just 1 tablespoon of the juice..
- Put the ★ ingredients in a bowl. Add lemon juice, ◎ milk (warmed to body temperature, if possible), the beaten eggs, and mix with a spatula..
- When the dough comes together add butter, and cut and fold it in with the spatula..
- When the dough comes together again, take it out onto a working surface, and knead it while pressing down on it with your palms for about 10 minutes. Add the grated lemon zest and the dried fruits and nuts from Step 1..
- Keep kneading for another 5 minutes or so until the dough is smooth and shiny. Form into a ball, put into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature (a warm place)..
- When the dough has increased 1.5 times in bulk, the first rising is done. Divide the dough into 2 portions, and roll each one into a ball..
- Using your palms or a rolling pin, roll out each ball into a 25 cm oval. Fold into half with one edge slight overlapping the other, as shown. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper..
- Make the other half of the dough the same. Put both on a baking sheet with space in between and leave in a warm place..
- After an hour when the dough has doubled in size, bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 40 minutes until properly baked..
- Melt ☆ butter before the bread comes out of the oven. Combine the granulated sugar and powdered sugar and mix well..
- Put the baked stollen on a rack, brush on plenty of melted butter, and dust generously with the combined granulated and powdered sugars..
- Leave to cool. When the stollen have cooled down completely, wrap up well and leave in a cool place for at least a week..
- Take the wrap off after 1 week, dust more powdered sugar, slice thinly and enjoy. If you're giving this as a gift, dust with powdered sugar before wrapping it..
- The dough takes longer to rise in the winter because the room is colder. I recommend placing the dough in a location that's about 40°C..
- If you always have brandy-soaked mixed dried fruits on handit's very handy..