Plum cake merry christmas. Their plum cake is very popular and they make thousands at this time of the year. Amma had the recipe so I wanted to share it in time for Christmas. This fruit cake recipe doesn't need you to soak the dry fruits in advance and it's alcohol-free so you can make the cake instantly just before you need it.
For those of you who do not have eggs but have been yearning for a taste of this fabulously rich, dry fruit packed cake, here. What excites us most about winters are the festivities in the air. Christmas is almost here and people across the world are gearing up for the merry celebrations, followed by the big night of New Year's eve. You can have Plum cake merry christmas using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Plum cake merry christmas
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried apricots chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of figs chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried ginger chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of candied orange peel chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of Brandy.
- It’s 380 gms of flour.
- It’s 225 gms of butter melted.
- It’s 1.5 tsps of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 300 gms of breakfast sugar.
- You need 4 of large egg.
- You need 150 gms of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of molasses.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of toasted walnuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of of apricot jam.
- You need 1/2 cup of of warm water.
Plum Cake Online Delivery – Order and send plum cake to enhance the Christmas celebration. Whether you are living miles away from your loved ones or you are in another city of India, you can easily order and send plum cake to wish Merry Christmas to your loved ones doorstep. Indulge yourself to a Holiday Treat, loaded with Fruits n Nuts soaked in Rum… an Old fashioned Christmas Fruit Cake aka Kerala Style Plum Cake…! Kerala christmas cake, Xmas plum cake Whole Wheat Christmas Plum Cake.
Plum cake merry christmas instructions
- Stir together dried fruit, candied ginger, candied orange peel and brandy. Keep overnight..
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Butter two 9/5 inch loaf tins. Line them with butter paper. In a bowl mix dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, spices and salt. In a mixer beat butter and both the sugars until smooth. Mix eggs one at a time followed by molasses and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture. Mix till smooth. Add the fruit mixture and walnuts..
- Divide the batter between the two tins. Bake for 1 hour and 35 minutes or till the tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and brush the top with more liquor. Remove and place on a wired rack. Heat the jam and water till smooth and glaze the top of the warmed cake..
- Important tips You can boil the dried fruit and candied fruit, strain and use immediately if running low on time. Brandy can be substituted with any other dark rum or orange flavoured liqueur. Use the best quality dried fruits available. Unglazed cakes can be shrink-wrapped and stored for up to one month in the fridge..
First Christmas cake made by me. Tried for potluck on Christmas eve. As you said, the cake tasted great the next day only. While plum cakes and Christmas puddings are signature to the feast, an Ecuador Chocolate Ganache an Beetroot Tartare can help bring variety on the dinner table. If you are still Merry Christmas To All.