You can have Kalua Pig using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kalua Pig
- Prepare 1 of bone in Boston butt pork shoulder 4-6 lbs.
- You need 6 of thick cut slices bacon.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves peeled & thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of coarse sea salt approximately 1/2 teaspoon per pound of meat.
- It’s 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
Kalua Pig instructions
- Line a crock pot with 3 slices of the bacon.
- Using a paring knife, stab holes all over the meat concentrating on the top & sides. Insert the garlic slices into the holes..
- Sprinkle & rub the sea salt all over the meat & into the spaces between the muscles, using approximately 1/2 teaspoon per pound. Remember, you can add salt, but it's hard to unsalt..
- Place the butt in crock pot..
- Drizzle with the liquid smoke..
- Lay the remaining 3 slices of bacon on top of the butt. Let excess hang over sides..
- Cover & cook on high 4-6 hours..