Bolognese with vegetables. This meaty Bolognese hides lots of lovely vegetables, making it a healthy recipe for all the family. Equipment and preparation: For this recipe you will need a hand-held blender or a food processor. Hidden Vegetable Bolognese – An easy recipe for a family favourite dinner.
I always add extra vegetables to sauce based dishes and bolognese is no different, it is a great way to help towards our five (or ten) a day. Make the most of Quorn mince for this easy veggie bolognese that's low in fat and calories. Cook a large batch ahead and freeze for easy family dinners. You can have Bolognese with vegetables using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bolognese with vegetables
- Prepare of mince beef.
- Prepare of fusilli pasta or other of choice.
- You need of medium onion, finely diced.
- Prepare of tomatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare of tomato puree.
- It’s of olive oil, plus extra drizzle.
- It’s of stock cube.
- It’s of hot water, plus extra if needed.
- You need of ketchup.
- Prepare of white wine.
- It’s of small courgette, diced.
- You need of medium carrot, peeled and diced.
- You need of red bell pepper, diced.
- You need of Green bell pepper, diced.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
- You need of fresh chives, sliced.
This is an easy stovetop Vegetable Bolognese that is full of meat, eggplant, zucchini, and peppers. It's delicious in a number of dishes and freezes well. Strain the porcini mushrooms, reserving the porcini mushroom liquid. This Vegetarian Bolognese is full of hearty vegetables that cook down into a rich sauce very similar to the meat filled version.
Bolognese with vegetables step by step
- Boil the pasta according to packet instructions. Once cooked drain well and set aside..
- Fry the onions in olive oil over a medium heat. Then add beef and season with salt and pepper..
- Add the white wine, ketchup, 1 tomato, tomato puree, stock cube and water. Reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer for around 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced..
- In a frying pan fry heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the chives and fry for a minute or so then add the courgette, carrots, bell peppers and 2 tomatoes. Fry gently for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add the vegetables to the meat and toss well to combine. Add a little sugar if needed and season with salt and pepper, again if needed. Continue to gently cook if the vegetables are not fully cooked. Add a little more water if needed to keep it from burning..
- Add the pasta to a deep dish and top with the meat and vegetables. Serve immediately..
It's a perfect replacement for the classic over pasta or gnocchi. Loaded with vegetables, this mushroom and lentil vegan spaghetti bolognese sauce is a delicious and familiar go-to family meal that will be enjoyed by everyone. Divide spaghetti amongst bowls and top with bolognese sauce. A simple Vegetarian bolognese recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. Buy the ingredients for our Vegetarian bolognese recipe from Tesco today.