Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies. Add beef mince and seal meat. Traditional British Shepherd's pie or cottage pie is basically a meat pie topped with a crust of mashed potato. Just use as many veggies as you like – the sky is the limit!
Here, a hearty filling of ground beef, salty olives, savory tomatoes, and warming spices like chile powder, cumin, and cinnamon rein in the sweetness of the creamy sweet potato topping. Ring the changes with a cottage pie by using delicious sweet potatoes. It's great if you want to cut down on carbs or are looking for a different (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) Classic cottage pie is one the quickest and easiest. You can cook Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies
- It’s 800 g of lean beef mince.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- You need of Diced garlic.
- It’s 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of courgette.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- Prepare 100 g of tomato purée (approx half a tube).
- It’s 6 of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 3/4 of white potatoes.
- You need of Cheddar cheese for sprinkling over the top.
- It’s 2 of Beef stock cubes.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- You need of Cornflour.
- It’s Squeeze of honey (just because I’m obsessed).
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Butter & milk for mash.
Sweet Potato Cottage Pie – Rich beef mince filling with carrots, celery and onions. This healthy cottage pie recipe makes the perfect family dinner I have still used some white potatoes in the mash as it helps to dry out the sweet potato mash a little. What's the difference between Cottage Pie and. You can't go wrong with a classic cottage pie, it's a great mince recipe that the whole family love and this delicious veggie packed version is just as good.
Sweet potato cottage pie with 7 veggies instructions
- Peel and cut all potatoes into cubes and cover in water. Boil and simmer till soft. Meanwhile, Fry onions and mince until golden brown. Then add all the veggies, tomatoes purée and beef stock cubes. Mix the flour into a small bit of water slowly to make a paste, then add the rest of the water. Make sure everything is now together except the potatoes..
- Ladle into oven proof dish, and set aside. Mash potatoes together with a knob of butter and a dash of milk until soft smooth mash. Layer over the top then sprinkle with mash. I cook mine in a warm oven (180 fan for approx 25/30 mins until bubbling)..
Flavorful beef cottage pie recipe is made easy in one skillet and Paleo-friendly! Ground beef and tender vegetables are topped with fluffy mashed sweet potatoes and baked to perfection for the I love that it's a flavorful, hearty and satisfying meal with protein, starch, and veggies in every bite! It's what happens when you make a ragout (which is pretty much a fancy word for beef simmered in red wine), smother it This recipe veers a little from traditional cottage pie with the inclusion of sweet potatoes in the mash, although we kept some russets in there, too, just to. Cottage pie is an old family favourite. This Cottage Pie Sweet Potato Mash has richly flavoured savoury mince perfect for cold Cover the sweet potato with water and boil until tender in a medium saucepan.