Buttermilk White Bread. Add ingredients to bread machine pan in order recommended by your manufacturer. This recipe yields two loaves of buttermilk white bread, a deservedly popular bread. Insert Baking Pan Into Unit; Close Lid.
The buttermilk in this bread recipe gives the bread a rich texture and buttery flavor. Brush loaves with egg white before baking to produce a shiny crust. Spraying loaves with water while they bake will. You can cook Buttermilk White Bread using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk White Bread
- You need 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of all purpose flour (dusting and adding to the dough just in case the dough is still soggy).
- Prepare 21/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar (or more).
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cultured buttermilk powder.
- You need 11/2 tbsp of vegetable oil in your choice.
- It’s 11/2 of lukewarm water divided.
- You need of Melted butter for brushing.
In the microwave warm the buttermilk, butter. Photo about Buttermilk white bread cut, copy space for your text. Gently brush the top of the rolls or bread loaf with melted butter or canola oil, then sprinkle. This buttermilk sandwich bread is a classic recipe that turns out tender bread, perfect for toast This buttermilk sandwich bread has an ever so slight tang and an almost cake-like in texture and toasts.
Buttermilk White Bread step by step
- In the bowl or using glass measurement combine half of the lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar, let sit for 7-10 minutes.
- Placed all the dry ingredients in to mixing bowl or a stand mixer. Add the remaining water, oil, and the yeast mixture. Knead at low speed until the dough comes together, soft but not sticky. Add a few more tablespoons flour if necessary. One tablespoon at the time. Continue to Knead until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is soft and smooth..
- Transfer the dough to lightly greased bowl and make sure that it’s completely coated. Cover with a plastic wrap and let it rise in warm and draft-free place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- Lightly flour the work surface with remaining flour and turn out the dough on to it. Divide the dough into two equal portions. Use fingers to gently pat each half into 20x40cm rectangle (8×12 inches) and pressing it all over to remove any air pockets. Starting from the short end roll up into a tight roll and pinch the seams to seal then place each loaf into greased 8×4 inch loaf pan. cover with plastic wrap and let them rise for about an hour or until doubled in size..
- Preheat oven to 400F. And bake the loaves for 20-25 minutes (depending of the oven) until it golden brown or when toothpick comes out clear..
- Invert the bread onto a cooling rack, then re-invert bread and brush the top and side of bread with melted butter. Let it cool completely before slicing. Anyway, actually my husband and I enjoyed it when it was still warm. Give it try!.
Buttermilk gives the bread a wonderful texture and delightful flavor. With a generous amount of Butter – Unsalted butter is best since a good amount of salt is added to the recipe. Buttermilk American Sandwich Bread – Homemade American Sandwich bread made with real fresh ingredients like buttermilk, honey and flour. Made from scratch dough makes a perfect slice for. It transforms meats into melt-in-your-mouth masterpieces and baked goods into springy, moist.