Deviled egg potato salad with bacon. Put potatoes into medium size bowl. While they are still warm, add salt and pepper and the granulated garlic and onion (however much you prefer for Add yoke/mayo mixture to potatoes. Add the cooked and crumbled bacon and toss lightly.
Mash the yolks using the back of a fork Chop the egg whites and add to the salad, along with the celery, green onions, and bacon. Is it potato salad. . . or is it egg salad??? It is all of these rolled into one delicious recipe with the added crunch of bacon. You can cook Deviled egg potato salad with bacon using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deviled egg potato salad with bacon
- You need 4 of large red skin potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 1 cup of mayo.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mustard (start there and add to taste from there).
- You need 4 strips of bacon (all I had left. most definitely add more if you love bacon like I do).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of salt for cooking the potatoes.
While the potatoes are cooking, remove the egg yolks from the hard-cooked eggs and place in a large bowl. I recreated the usual Thanksgiving meal I. This Deviled Egg Potato Salad combines two classic recipes for one ultimate side dish. This easy potato salad has all the flavor of deviled eggs in a hearty side dish that is perfect for potlucks or barbecues.
Deviled egg potato salad with bacon instructions
- Cook potatoes whole skin on in a pot with salt until tender when fork is inserted. Mine took about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool enough to handle to peal them. Once peeled let them cool to close to room temp so they don't fall apart when you slice them. When they are cool cut them in half length wise then the halves cut them length wise again. Then slice them in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. You want them a little thicker to keep them from mashing when you mix it all up.
- Cut up the bacon in small chunks and fry it up nice and brown and set aside.
- Cook your eggs. Put them in a pot and add salt to make them easier to peel. Add water and cook on stove. Once they start boiling set timer to 10 minutes. After 10 minutes pull them off and let them rinse under cold water for 5 minutes. Peel and dice them up. (tip. The more salt the easier it is to peel the shell off. The salt will not soak into the shell so don't worry about that).
- In a bowl add the eggs, mayo, mustard, paprika, and pepper and mix it up real good. It's going to be a bit thin. You want that. Now try the mix and add more mayo or mustard to your preferred taste..
- Once you have the mix the way you like add the bacon and mix it in. Them dump it on the potatoes in a large bowl and carefully stir it all together being careful not to break the potatoes down too much..
- Cover and set in fridge for a couple hours to let the flavors blend and it all to cool off nicely..
Deviled eggs get a stuffing of potato salad for a tasty little bite on a summer day. Bring to a picnic, a cookout, or just serve for brunch or a light meal. Deviled Egg Potato Salad is the best tasting combination of deviled eggs and potato salad. Crisp bacon, tons of dices veggies, and creamy mayo add the best flavor and texture to this recipe! Potatoes – For this recipe I decided to use fingerling potatoes and I highly recommend!