Buttermilk biscuits. These Easy Buttermilk Biscuits are incredibly soft, tall, flaky, and buttery. Serve these with some jam, gravy, or your topping of choice for an easy and delicious breakfast! These homemade buttermilk biscuits are soft and buttery with hundreds of flaky layers!
I am the first one to commit the. Flaky, buttery buttermilk biscuits are perfect any time of day. Buttermilk Biscuits are an amazingly flaky, buttery addition to any meal. You can cook Buttermilk biscuits using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk biscuits
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) of unsalted butter.
- You need of Cut into small pieces and frozen.
- It’s 1 c of buttermilk.
Classic buttermilk biscuits are a staple in my household. Quick, easy, and light as a feather, they can be served for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner Classic buttermilk biscuits are a staple in my household. After baking hundreds of Southern buttermilk biscuit recipes, our Test Kitchen landed on this winning recipe for Our Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits. This no-fail biscuit recipe will make you look like.
Buttermilk biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Pulse the flour in a food processor with the baking powder, sugar and salt..
- Add the butter and pulse until the butter is in pea-sized pieces. Add the buttermilk and pulse a couple of times until the dough just comes together but is not fully incorporated..
- Turn out on to a floured surface and pat into a thick 8-by-8 inch square. Cut into sixteen 2-inch square biscuits. Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet, brush with buttermilk and bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes..
Although I used unsalted butter and added smoked sea salt on top and herb butter instead of egg wash. Warm and fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits are often the crown jewels of a great holiday feast. But you don't need an advanced degree in southern cooking to be able to make great buttermilk biscuits. These Classic Southern Buttermilk Biscuits are light, tender, and the perfect match for a slice of ham, melted butter and honey, your favorite jam, or smothered in country gravy! These biscuits are about as buttery as they can get.