Prawn(Prawn Dhansak). Picture king prawns delicately cooked with red lentils, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and fragrant spices – so YUM! The western school (school) prawn and king prawn are the main species taken. The soft-shelled prawn emerges from the old shell through a split between the carapace (the shell covering the body.
Prawns are also a rich source of selenium. Selenium is believed to prevent the growth of cancer cells. Close up of Dish of Prawn Dhansak with Naan Bread. You can cook Prawn(Prawn Dhansak) using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn(Prawn Dhansak)
- It’s 250 gms of small prawns.
- You need 100 gms of toor dal.
- It’s 1 of egg plant.
- You need 1 of potato.
- You need 1 piece of pumpkin (of 200g).
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 2-3 of pointed gourds.
- You need 3-4 of arums.
- It’s 1 of plantain.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 of dry red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of roasted cumin-red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
The Indian prawn (Fenneropenaeus indicus, formerly Penaeus indicus), is one of the major commercial prawn species of the world. It is found in the Indo-West Pacific from eastern and south-eastern Africa. Dendrobranchiata is a suborder of decapod crustaceans, and contains shrimp and prawn. Dendrobranchiata are commercially fished and are used for cooking.
Prawn(Prawn Dhansak) step by step
- First of all remove the head and shell of the prawns. Wash them well and marinate them with salt and turmeic powder for 20-30 minutes..
- Cut the vegetables into cubes, wash them well and keep aside..
- Rinse the toor dal well and transfer it to a pressure cooker with some water, turmeic powder and salt. Add in cut veggies and pressure cook for about 1-2 whistles on medium heat. Release the steam, open the lid and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a wok. Add chopped onion and dry chilli. Fry till onion turns translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell of the garlic goes away. Next add chilli powder, turmeic powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and saute till oil begins to ooze out..
- Now add the marinated prawns and mix well with the spices. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes or until done on a medium flame. Give it an occasional stir in between..
- Next pour the cooked dal and veggies into the wok. Bring it to boil and simmer for 5-7 minutes..
- Sprinkle roasted cumin-red chilli powder and coriander leaves before removing from the flame..
- Serve hot with rice/roti..
The difference between prawns and shrimp is usually that prawns are larger than shrimps. Information on this website is just a general guide and are subject to change without notice. Growing up, prawn noodles has always been one of my favourite hawker foods, so I After so many prawn noodles however, I might just keep away from it from awhile after eating so much of it in a week. Photo "Dish of Prawn Dhansak with Naan Bread" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. This could be the only web page dedicated to explaining the meaning of Ever wondered what PRAWN means?