Dad's Deviled Eggs.
You can cook Dad's Deviled Eggs using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dad's Deviled Eggs
- You need 1 of Hard boiled eggs, chilled.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of Mustard.
- It’s 1 of Horseradish.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 of garlic powder, to taste.
- It’s 1 of minced chives.
Dad's Deviled Eggs step by step
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half long ways..
- Pop the yolks out into a small mixing bowl and smash them up with a fork. Stir in a bit of salt, pepper and garlic pepper. Just a little; you can add more later..
- Squirt in some mustard and stir to distribute..
- Add some horseradish and stir. Again, go easy. You can add more, if necessary, after the next step..
- Now add the mayonnaise and stir well to combine all the ingredients. Unfortunately, in case you're looking at the photos for approximate amounts to use, I didn't follow my own advice, and I put in too much mayo. The mixture was too loose when I stirred it up. (It was late, I was tired.). So I had to boil more eggs and add those yolks to the mix. Don't repeat my mistake. It's a drag..
- Taste for seasoning. Add more seasoning and/or horseradish, a little at a time, to your own preference..
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the egg whites and sprinkle with minced chives. I also like to top them with black olive halves, but I had none on hand. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator..