Chimichanga. Chimichanga (/tʃɪmiˈtʃæŋɡə/; Spanish: [tʃimiˈtʃaŋɡa]) is a deep-fried burrito that is common in Tex-Mex and other Southwestern U. VEGETARIAN CHIMICHANGA By Cooking with Mitisha. Chimichanga – oven baked Mexican Cuisine Recipe by Bhavna.
Chimichanga, or "chimi," has achieved cult status in Tucson. A Chimichanga is a Mexican-American fusion large burrito prepared with a choice. A deep-fried burrito sent from God to please humanity. You can cook Chimichanga using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chimichanga
- Prepare of green bell pepper.
- You need of yellow bell pepper.
- Prepare of spices and herbs.
- You need of egg.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of tortillas.
- It’s of chicken breast/pork chops.
- It’s of red chillli.
A mexican delicasy, Only found everywhere in the unitedstates and in grocery stores. Then just top with your favorite toppings, like lettuce, salsa, and sour cream for a fast dinner. I had a request for a chimichanga video from my buddy Larry. That same week, I had TWO requests for "unhealthy vegetarian food" — a descriptive that makes me smile.
Chimichanga step by step
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- chop chicken into cubes.
- fry chicken on a medium heat.
- chop all your vegetables (you can really add whatever vegetables you prefer).
- add the vegetables, spices and herbs to the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- add oil to a pan on medium heat.
- warm 1 tortilla so it easily handled and wont break when you fold it.
- place 1/3 of the mixture into the middle of the tortilla then brush egg around the edges to help with sealing.
- fold the tortilla inwards to make a square/rectangle shape.
- fry the tortilla seem down til golden brown then flip to gold the other side.
- do this with the other two tortillas.
- place all 3 tortillas on a baking tray seem down and place in the over cook for 15-20 minutes.
- serve with salsa or sour cream.
- chimichangas are usually deep fried this is a healther version.
Much like the burrito, the chimichanga is one of the tastiest Mexican foods you can find. Heat a pot over medium heat. Recent Examples on the Web El Charro Cafe in Tucson and some food historians dispute this origin story of the chimichanga, however. A Chimichanga is a Mexican fast food dish. It is a deep fried buritto.