Vanilla sponge cake. An exceptional, yet simple Vanilla Butter Cake. Vanilla, or plain, sponge cake is a standard baking item for any baker who loves making cakes. The traditional sponge uses plain or all-purpose flour with a lot of beating to ensure the rising.
This Indian style vanilla sponge cake is not only. A delicious, light vanilla sponge birthday cake recipe. Quick and simple to make and perfect for decorating to make a birthday really special. You can have Vanilla sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vanilla sponge cake
- It’s 2 1/2 C of All purpose Flour.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 C of sugar.
- Prepare 1 C of buttermilk (1C milk+1tbsp vinegar/lemon).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Butter/margarine.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking powder.
Vanilla sponge cake roll is light, moist & filled with an easy mascarpone whipped cream. It makes the perfect dessert for a shower or party. Best of all This sponge cake is a great base for so many creations. Decorate simply for afternoon tea or more fancy for special occasions like birthdays.
Vanilla sponge cake step by step
- Dust your 8 inch pan with butter and flour and turn your oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix sifted flour and baking powder(is using unsalted butter,add 1tsp salt at this stage).
- In a separate bowl mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy for about 1minute with a hand held mixer.
- Beat in your eggs one at a time.mix until well blended in.
- Add in your vanilla.
- Using a spatula or a wooden spoon,fold in your dry ingredients while adding milk bit by bit.
- Gold in gently but slowly until well mixed and milk is done.
- Pour batter in your prepared pan(some say for a flat topped cake you freeze your tins before adding batter,others say your wrap your tin with a wet towel and others using te Wilton baking strips,find whichever works for you..either way..with or without,cake will still come out yummy 😁).
- Bake at the middle rack for 40-45minutes and a skewer/tester comes out clean.Remove from oven and let cool in the tin for 5minutes before removing from the tin and wrapping in foil..
- For less sugared cake use 2/3rd sugar.
- Decorate as desired and feel free to fill with my blueberry filling(check recipe from my recipes).
- Enjoy..Definately with friends😁.
Vanilla sponge cake with cream and white chocolate decorate. Two halfs of a vanilla sponge cake made from natural ingredients decorated with red and violet berries. This is a vanilla sponge cake, these sponge cakes form the base for all type of birthday cakes. Because they hold the cake well and yet taste spongy and soft. My next try will be a chocolate.