Cheese danish. A simple and delicious recipe for Cheese Danish! This Cheese Danish recipe is exactly why. Beat the egg yolk, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth.
Danish cheese is the name of cheese that is made in Denmark. Go through the article and get information on the various types of Danish cheese. This cheese danish recipe is incredibly simple to make. You can have Cheese danish using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese danish
- You need 1 of sheet of puff pastry.
- It’s 4 oz of cream cheese softened.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice or lemon zest.
- It’s 1 of egg with a little bit of water for a egg wash.
Pillowy soft dough is filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture and topped with a sugar streusel. This cheese Danish recipe is made with puff pastry, cream cheese, and lemon. It's easy and perfect for Hanukkah and Christmas and weekends. This easy cheese danish recipe is made with puff pastry.
Cheese danish step by step
- Mix everything together except the puff pastry and the egg wash together till creamy and smooth. Put in fridge..
- Roll out the puff pastry to 10 X 10 inch on a floured surface. Cut into quarters. Evenly spread out mixture in the middle of each quarter dough. Then brush the boarder of each square with the egg wash..
- Fold the danish into a pocket making each side over lap each other in the middle and touching. Put in fridge for a half hour. Take it out after a half hour and brush with remaining egg wash..
- Bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes. Until golden brown..
- Let it cool. Make cream cheese icing and thin it out with a little bit of milk and drizzle the icing on top. Yummy!.
- If you want u can use any filling you want or even pie fillings. Also shape the danish differently. Like make a rope shape with the puffed pastry and circle it around its self..
I love having puff pastry on hand in the freezer because there are so many awesome pastries that you can make with it. Danablu, often marketed under the trademark Danish Blue Cheese within North America, is a strong, blue-veined cheese. This semi-soft creamery cheese is typically drum- or block-shaped and has a white-to-yellowish, slightly moist, edible rind. The second kind of cheese danish — Entenmann's cheese danish — I met a wee bit later. Long and rectangular, this danish was basically a slab pie filled with the most satisfying cream cheese goodness.