Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin. Zucchini and yellow squash are low in calories with a low glycemic index. Both squashes are a good source of Slowly stir in Parmesan then add zucchini and yellow squash and cook for a few more minutes. Keywords: squash recipe, squash au gratin, summer squash recipe, zucchini recipe. yellow squash, sliced.
Add salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Made this with yellow squash because that was on sale, and half provolone cheese. The garlic and shallot combination is subtle, but compliments My husband hate zucchini and yellow squash and to my happy surprise told me he loves this dish!! You can have Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin
- You need of medium zucchini.
- You need of medium yellow squash.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of heavy cream or whole milk.
- You need of cornstarch.
- Prepare of salt, divided.
- Prepare of pepper, divided.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- Prepare of dried chives.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- Prepare of freshly shredded parmesan.
- It’s of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
I used skim milk instead of heavy cream and it came. Potatoes au gratin, potato gratin, scalloped potatoes au gratin, gratin potatoes, potatoes gratin — these are all names used to describe the same For this recipe, I used tricolor fingerling potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, goat's milk, sheep's milk pecorino romano and grass-fed butter to create a. Includes butter, zucchini, yellow squash, shallots, garlic cloves, salt, ground pepper, heavy cream, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese. Zucchini and Yellow Squash Skillet Gratin.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8" baking pan and set it aside..
- Wash the zucchini and yellow squash, then slice them into coins about 1/4" thick. Place them into a bowl and season them with 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Then pour in the cream (or milk) and whisk in the cornstarch, the onion powder and 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper and chives. Allow this to come to a simmer and simmer until thickened…just about 2-3 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese..
- Lay out the squash in the prepared baking pan. Pour the cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle the gouda evenly over the top..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the squash is fork tender. Switch your oven to broil and let the cheese brown for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then serve..
Zucchini and squash au gratin is a quick and delicious casserole that will be a new side dish go-to. Perfect for holidays, summer dinners and a random. You can also save the recipe to our Meal Planning Calendar. Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin. Rinse the zucchini and squash and pat them dry.