Spicy mexican style zucchini casserole. All Reviews for Spicy Mexican Style Zucchini Casserole. While cooking I used salt and pepper to release some of the zucchini and onions natural juices. I didn't have pinto beans but garbanzo beans and I only put cheese on the top.
You may wish to adjust the spices to your taste- we like it hot! Southern Style Sweet Potatoes recipe: These sweet potatoes are a family favorite. They are quick and easy to make. You can have Spicy mexican style zucchini casserole using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy mexican style zucchini casserole
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 3 lb of Zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper, or to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of Cooked long-grain rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cooked Pinto bean.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of Salsa.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
Course/Dish: Chicken Other Main Dishes Casseroles. Fish, chicken, zucchini, and vegetarian options, we promise you'll find a delicious recipe to make for tomorrow! In large bowl mix zucchini, onion and pepper. In a smaller bowl beat eggs with oil until combined.
Spicy mexican style zucchini casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onions; cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Season with garlic salt, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper, and continue to cook and stir until fragrant. Mix in rice, beans and salsa and cook just until heated through. Mix in 1 cup of shredded cheese until well blended. Transfer to 9×13 inch baking dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Cover dish with lid or aluminum foil..
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly!.
- *when I made this recipe zucchini was hard to come by and expensive so I just bought three zucchini and then added ground lean beef. You could also add chicken. I seasoned my beef to taste with the seasoning s listed. You can also substitute the rice for whole grain and you can leave out the cheese if you prefer..
A simple Mexican Breakfast Casserole – great for dinner too! Cook zucchini and onion in large skillet until tender. This zucchini casserole recipe is simple awesome and easy. This zucchini casserole recipe is simple awesome and easy. Liz shows you step by step how to make it.