Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup. You can make it right away or toss it in the fridge or freezer. When you're ready to cook: into the crock pot with some stock and off you go on your way. Prep it as a freezer meal or put everything into the crockpot tonight and enjoy.
Today's recipe is a killer one, Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Crock Pot. This time, we're diving mouth first into a vat of Chicken Tortilla Soup. This recipe is awfully tasty and will feed a crowd! You can cook Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- You need 10 oz of Chunky Salsa.
- You need 2 can of Mild Rotel.
- Prepare 1 can of Black Beans.
- Prepare 1 packages of Chicken.
- It’s 1 dash of Crushed Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 packages of Taco Seasoning.
- It’s 1 packages of Tortillas.
- It’s of Extra Misc. Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- You need 1 pinch of Cheese.
- You need 1 dash of Sour Cream.
This crock pot soup is one of my favourite freezer meal recipes. It has healthy ingredients and the flavour is one that will have you craving more. In a busy family like ours, having delicious meals that can go from the freezer to the crock pot saves a lot of time and money. When I make this recipe, I made two or four at a time and then freeze.
Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Bring a large pot of water to a steady boil and add seasonings & chicken breast..
- In the mean time, grab a blender and add both cans of Rotel and the can of black beans (drain half the fluid from beans first), and puree the mixture..
- Label a gallon sized Ziploc freezer bag with recipe name, date, and additional cooking directs. (See step 9-10 for cooking details).
- Add pureed mixture and salsa to Ziploc bag and set aside..
- Once chicken is done boiling, remove chicken from pot, and let cool. Save one cup of broth from the pot and discard the rest..
- Shred chicken after it has completely cooled..
- Add chicken, broth, and one cup of water to the Ziploc bag containing pureed mixture..
- Seal bag, removing as much air from bag as possible. Freeze immediately..
- When you are ready to prepare the Tortilla Soup for dinner, please keep in mind that you need to thaw bag in the refrigerator for ATLEAST 4 hours..
- Once thawed, add meal to crock pot and cook on low for 5-7 hours..
- When its almost done cooking, grab tortillas and slice into strips, brush with butter, and bake in the oven at 350 until golden brown..
- Make yourself a bowl of your delicious meal and top with tortilla strips, cheese, & sour cream..
Scarf some now, stock your freezer for later, or feel free to halve the recipe for a smaller amount of soup. Package the cooked rice in a small freezer bag and freeze alongside the soup. Freeze in freezer bags or containers, as individual servings or one full meal. Packing the freezer with easy freezer meals is a great way to start meal planning. Make your next office party a taco bar or burrito bar!