Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese.
You can cook Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese
- You need of to large sized zucchini.
- It’s of rosemary; minced.
- Prepare of thyme; minced.
- It’s of goat cheese.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of shredded parmesan.
- You need of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare of baby spinach.
- You need of spanish onion; minced.
- It’s of garlic; minced.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of nutmeg.
- You need of heavy cream.
- You need of bay leaf.
- You need of lasagna noodles; cooked.
- Prepare of olive oil; as needed.
- You need of kosher salt and freshly cracked peppercorn melange.
Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese step by step
- Heat butter on medium-low heat in a sauce pot. When butter browns, add onions with a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Add a pinch of the thyme and rosemary..
- Sweat for two minutes before adding garlic..
- Heat heavy cream in a seperate sauce pot..
- When garlic is fragrant and onions are caramelized, add flour one tablespoon at a time, while stirring. Cook for 1-2 minutes to cook out flour taste..
- Slowly add warm cream to the onion mixture while whisking..
- Add herbs, grated parmesan, and dried spices. Whisk to incorporate. Add bay leaf..
- Allow sauce to reduce on medium-low heat while zucchini cooks..
- Trim ends of zucchini. Slice in fourths lengthwise. This is easiest to do by keeping a sharp chefs knife parallel to the cutting board while slicing..
- Toss with oil in a large mixing bowl or simply drizzle over the top. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for approximately 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is caramelized and tender..
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Discard bay leaf. Ladle enough sauce to cover the bottom. Cover with lasagna noodles. Layer zucchini over the noodles. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded parmesan and goat cheese. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Layer noodles. Top with all the spinach. Spread out and press down firmly. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded parmesan and goat cheese on top. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Cover with noodles. Spread out remaining zucchini. Top with remaining shredded parmesan and goat cheese. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Cover with noodles. Ladle enough sauce to cover. Top with shredded mozzarella..
- Tip: Combine spinach and second layer of zucchini together if your casserole dish is not tall enough..
- Cover and bake 15 minutes at 350°. Uncover and bake approximately another 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly..
- Garnish with parsley and grated parmesan..
- Variations; Ricotta, lemon, shallots, caramelized onions, squash, sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, cream cheese, celery root, potatoes, sage, basil, grilled veggies, bacon, prosciutto, arugala, "oven ready" noodles.