Authentic Mexican Carnitas.
You can cook Authentic Mexican Carnitas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Authentic Mexican Carnitas
- You need 355 ml of bottled Mexican Coca-Cola. Note: American Coca-Cola will.
- It’s 6 lb of bone in pork shoulder or pork butt sliced into 4inch slices.
- Prepare 1 of sliced up orange with peel.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of Manteca "lard".
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 4 of dry bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 can (7 ounces) of sweetend condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 4 of whole fresh cloves of garlic.
Authentic Mexican Carnitas instructions
- On your stove top range, bring temperature of lard to 375°F in a large cooking pot or dutch oven..
- Add your slices of pork to the 375°F lard, and allow pork to sear until brown, stirring frequently as to not let the pork stick to the pot..
- Add cinnamon sticks, then add oranges by squeezing juice into cooking pot, and then drop in squeezed oranges peel and all. let cook frequently stirring for half an hour..
- Now it's time to bring down the temperature to 230°F by reducing the heat to medium and adding a cup of water to the boiling lard. don't worry the lard will not boil over or explode. cook until water evaporates, about 30 minutes, you'll know this when the level of lard has reduced due to cooking..
- Add by stirring in the bottle of Mexican Coca-Cola, cloves of garlic, half can (7 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk, dry bay leaves, and sea salt. cook for another hour over medium heat..
- Carefully remove carnitas and place on paper towel. Then carefully cut carnitas into 2 inch cubes..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry carnitas frequently turning until crispy to your liking..
- Enjoy with warm tortillas, avocado, cilantro, etc….