Indian dumplings (muthiya). This is a dish my mum used to make for me over the years I've made these for my family. Muthias are steamed spiced dumplings, made with gram flour you are such a so intelligent lady. i watched so many other indian food websites but you are best. you teach. The Best Indian Dumplings Recipes on Yummly
Dudhi Muthiya is a Gujarati delicacy made with grated bottle gourd, fresh fenugreek leaves spiced with green chilies, ginger and turmeric. Preparation Grate cabbage and keep it aside. Mix flour, salt, turmeric, sugar and oil in a into a large bowl or thali. You can have Indian dumplings (muthiya) using 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian dumplings (muthiya)
- It’s of Rice 2 bowls full.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized grated potato (you can also grate cabbage/carrots/courgettes).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- You need 6 tablespoons of besan flour.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of sorgham flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced green chillies.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of jeera powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It’s Splash of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare of Chopped fenugreek or coriander or both.
- You need of Tempering ingredients.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Whole jeera.
- You need A few of curry leaves.
- It’s of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare of Fresh chopped coriander.
- You need 1 tablespoon of besan flour.
Muthiya are Indian fried dumplings that are similar to pakoras, except they are made with methi leaves, chickpea flour, and whole wheat flour to keep them together. Sweet Recipes (Indian Mithai / Indian Dessert). Add the steamed dumplings and fry till they turn a light golden colour. Serve Methi Muthiya with Dhaniya Pudina Chutney or Gujarati Kadhi.
Indian dumplings (muthiya) step by step
- Mix all the ingredients listed above into a dough not in any particular order make sure it’s not too runny if so add more besan flour..
- Make sausage type shapes and steam the dumplings for approx 30 mins..
- After they are ready let them cool then chop these into small pieces. Then add oil to a large pan add the jeera curry leaves and besan flour with sesame seeds mix the chopped pieces and stir thoroughly then decorate with chopped coriander. A great snack with a cup of tea..
Dumpling is a broad classification for a dish that consists of pieces of dough (made from a variety of starch sources) wrapped around a filling, or of dough with no filling. Remember to make the dumplings as soon as the dough is mixed, otherwise water tends to ooze out making the dough soft and sticky. Momo (Indian Meat Dumpling, Darjeeling Momo, Potstickers, Jiaozi, Momocha, Mandu, Guotie) – Steamed dumplings stuffed with meat or vegetables makes a healthy appetizer or snack. In India Undhiyu is made in winter when flat beans like tuvar lilva and Surti papdi are freshly available. Muthiya is the heart of this authentic Indian curry.