Annabel Karmels Baby Shakshuka. No need to cook separate meals tonight! Baby can enjoy this Middle Eastern flavour-packed dish too, runny eggs and all. Here's a simple baby-friendly version of a Middle Eastern favourite – Shakshuka!
Advice on egg safety for babies on egginfo.co.uk. Shakshuka is a delicious baked egg and tomato dish that can be eaten any time of day. It's a popular dish in the Middle East and North Africa and the name means 'mixture' in Arabic. You can have Annabel Karmels Baby Shakshuka using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Annabel Karmels Baby Shakshuka
- Prepare 50 g of courgette, finely diced.
- Prepare of Garlic clove, crushed.
- You need 50 g of potatoes, peeled and finely diced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare Pinch of cinnamon.
- It’s 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped (dried thyme is fine aswell).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of small onion, finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 of red or yellow pepper, finely diced.
- You need 1 of pitta bread.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp of sugar (optional).
Let us know what's wrong with this preview of Babykost by Annabel Karmel. This is a great introductory book for parents thinking about weaning their babies. Although I'm not starting to wean my son for a couple of months, it pays to be prepared so I thought this book would be a good place to start. oogiebear – The Safe Baby Nasal Booger and Ear Cleaner – Baby Shower Registry Essential Easy Baby Nose Cleaner Gadget for Infants and Toddlers Any book by Annabel Karmel is well worth it.
Annabel Karmels Baby Shakshuka instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, courgette and potato and fry for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, thyme, sugar and tomato puree. Bring up to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft and the sauce has reduced and thickened..
- Make two holes in the mixture, crack the eggs into each holes and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the egg whites are set but the egg yolks are runny..
- Toast the pitta bread and cut into fingers for dipping..
The recipes are easy and delicious. This book makes it easy to prepare delicious, healthy meals for. Regular updates from the AK team! Baby-led weaning: tips from food expert Annabel Karmel. Taking your first steps into the world of weaning can be daunting.