Whosayna’s Chicken and Veggies Casserole. Creamed chicken with vegetables, topped with crispy croutons for lots of crunch. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter or margarine. Add the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup and water and simmer all together until hot.
Even though I can't eat chicken, this recipe is so ridiculously easy that sometimes I make it for my husband and daughter when I'm tired. Does it get any more comforting than a cheesy, chicken and rice casserole? The answer is yes, but only when it's a one-dish dinner. You can cook Whosayna’s Chicken and Veggies Casserole using 27 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whosayna’s Chicken and Veggies Casserole
- It’s 1/2 kg of Chicken Fillet (cubes).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need Pinch of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Yogurt.
- You need For of Veggies:.
- It’s 1 of Green Capsicum (cubes).
- It’s 1/2 of Yellow Capsicum (cubes).
- It’s 1/2 of Red Capsicum (cubes).
- You need 1 cup of French Beans (one inch).
- It’s 1 of Carrot (slices).
- You need 1/2 of Cauliflower (florets).
- Prepare 1/2 of Zucchini (slices).
- You need 2 of Onions slices (caramalised).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Mushrooms (caramalised).
- It’s 5-6 of Baby Tomatoes.
- It’s 1/4 kg of Baby Potatoes.
- You need 4 of Garlic cloves (chopped).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Basil, Parsley and Rosemary (chopped).
- You need For of Sauce:.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Habanero.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tomato Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chilli Sauce.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper powder.
Stir together your ingredients in the same dish you bake it in, add chicken and cheese, and you'll have yourself a creamy, hearty casserole. Here's a video showing you how to make my own recipe chicken and vegetable casserole. This Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe is everything you love about chicken enchiladas…stacked into delicious layers instead of rolled up. Veggies: The recipe below uses a quick blend of onion, red bell pepper, diced green chiles and corn.
Whosayna’s Chicken and Veggies Casserole instructions
- Marinate chicken cubes with the rest of ingredients, and let it rest for two hours..
- Either panfry or barbeque chicken cubes, when done remove from skewers and keep aside..
- Boil tomatoes with habanero, chilli and with a little water..
- When cooled down, blend it with the rest of sauce ingredients..
- Boil baby potatoes with skin, when done remove skin and keep aside..
- In a wok put one tablespoon of oil and keep on flame, add garlic and saute it..
- Add all veggies except onions, mushrooms and baby tomatoes then stir fry on high flame, add potatoes and mix them all..
- Add sauce and mix well, do not dry the sauce much and then remove from the flame..
- Sprinkle basil, rosemary and parsley and pour on a big casserole..
- Put barbequed chicken and baby tomatoes all over the casserole.
- Now sprinkle caramalised onions and mushrooms with basil leaves..
- While serving bake in oven on 200C, serve hot..
The first time I made this I used the rice called for in the recipe. However, it baked for over an hour and the rice was. This chicken and rice casserole gets its great flavor from the onion soup mix, while the condensed cream of mushroom soup brings the ingredients together. For a slow cooker version, try this Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe. This healthier chicken & rice casserole gets a heavy dose of vegetables and a homemade cream of mushroom sauce for a light-yet-familiar flavor.