Corsican Pie. Though not naturally durable, and considered. Corsican pie with zucchini flowers. (Jonathan Lovekin). Pinus nigra var. corsicana—Corsican pine, in Corsica.
Corsican Pine (or Pinus nigra) as the name suggests, is a plant from the mediterranean region. It is found in Spain, along to the Anatolian peninsula, to Cyprus and Corsica. The tree is recognisable by the way its branches grow in whorls around its trunk, one whorl per year, so estimating its age is easy! You can cook Corsican Pie using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corsican Pie
- It’s 1/2 of small red onion, finely sliced.
- It’s 4 sticks of celery, finely chopped.
- It’s 200 g of roughly chopped green leaves of your choice – i used kale, spinach and rocket, but it really doesn't matter.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced.
- You need 4 tbsp of chopped herbs – again, it's your choice but i used coriander and some sprigs of mint.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh sage, chopped.
- You need 2 tbls of evoo.
- It’s 75 g of feta cheese.
- You need 100 g of goat's cheese.
- It’s 50 g of Pecorino cheese.
- You need 15 g of pine nuts, lightly toasted/ dry fried.
- Prepare of zest of one lemon plus the juice.
- You need 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- You need of green veg such as courgette (finely sliced with a potato peeler) and asparagus (cut length-way in half).
- Prepare of s&p.
Corsican pine is very susceptible to red band needle blight, and is currently not recommended for planting because of the impact of this disease. The Corsican pine is one of the giant trees of Europe. Names The Corsican pine (Pinus nigra laricio). Corsican pine definition: a pine tree, a variant of the black pine Pinus nigra var maritime , originally native to.
Corsican Pie step by step
- Large frying pan on medium heat with oil, and saute onion, celery, leafy greens, garlic, and all herbs. Stir continuously until all wilted and softened completely – about 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir through the feta, Pecorino, pine nuts, lemon zest and juice and season well..
- Preheat oven to 220C/ 430F. With your pastry you want to make a pizza size circle – about 30 cms diameter. I put one sheet on a circular pizza tray and cut up the second piece to stick around it until the tray was covered. it looks a bit messy but who cares, it will taste great!.
- Spread the cooled filling around the pastry, leaving a 3cm/ 1 inch edge all the way around. Then dot over the goat's cheese in chunks. Next add the strips of asparagus and curl up the strips of courgette to dot about the place too..
- Fold up the sides over the top and pinch as you go so they stay in place. Drizzle over some evoo and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the centre of the over for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and cooked through. Serve warm or at room temperature. Goes well with a glass of dry white wine but you may want a simple mixed tomato salad too!.
Corsican pine definition is – a European pine (Pinus laricio) of symmetrical growth that is closely related variants: or Corsican fir or Corsican larch. Get Corsican Pine essential facts below. View Videos or join the Corsican Pine discussion. Add Corsican Pine to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or. The National Botanical Conservatory of Corsica and the CNRS of Montpellier have observed unusual fungi growth on the top branches of Corsican pines, which may have.