Mediterranean filo pastry pie. Place a sheet of filo pastry on the baking sheet and brush with some of the melted butter, using a pastry brush. To assemble the pie, spoon the spinach and feta mixture onto the prepared filo pastry base. Sweat off the onion in a little oil.
Keeps well for lunch the next day. Easy and fast filo pastry recipe. Small handful fresh mint or dill. You can cook Mediterranean filo pastry pie using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean filo pastry pie
- It’s Packet of filo pastry.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of courgette.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- Prepare of Few potatoes.
- You need of Feta cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Tiny bit of salt (feta is salty).
- It’s of Oregano.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Brush the sheets with a little oil as you go and allow each sheet to hang over the edge of the tin (this will form the top of your pie). Ready in under an hour you can make it ahead and cook it when you need it. During cherry-picking season, my family always makes one to eat after pitting all the cherries, our fingers and clothes stained with the juices. mediterranean pastry nutrition facts and nutritional information. This homemade filo pastry apple pie is not only simple and quick to make but a great low fat This classic Balkan filo pastry pie is known as Zelnik.
Mediterranean filo pastry pie step by step
- Boil potatoes, drain and cool. Sweat off the onion in a little oil. Add chopped veg, stir and cook for about 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Layer up your pastry on a baking sheet. Between each layer, spray a little oil. Move to a baking tray or roasting tin.
- Add veg, then add potatoes and beaten egg. Add a bit of salt. Crumble the feta on top. Sprinkle a bit of oregano. Bake at 180 for about 20-30 mins :).
It makes an impressive centrepiece for any table – a golden spiral of crisp filo pastry, holding. Photo about Filo pastry tartlets filled with spinach & ricotta or tomato & red pepper. The pie can be served warm or at room temperature. Top tip for making Filo pastry salmon pie. Filo pastry is rolled out extremely thinly, so when it's not being used, keep it covered with a damp tea-towel to prevent it from drying out.