Githeri. Githeri is native to East Kenya in particular and Africa as a whole – a one-pot meal, traditional made Once a humble dish- Githeri has evolved into other spiced up variations just like this one – ranging. See great recipes for Quick Githeri Fix, Githeri, Boiled Githeri too! Githeri is a Kenyan staple food consisting of beans and maize that are stewed with onions, tomatoes, and sometimes potatoes or meat chunks.
It is such a simple dish made out of beans and maize but so wholesome, comforting and filling. Githeri is one of the main staple foods in Kenya. It originates from the Kikuyu tribe of Central Kenya but has quickly become popular all across the country. You can cook Githeri using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Githeri
- It’s 1 packet of mixed maize with yellow beans (boiled already).
- You need 2 of red onions (chopped).
- You need 2 of tomatoes (chopped).
- Prepare 1 piece of each of ginger and garlic (crushed).
- It’s 2 of chopped courgette.
- Prepare 2 of cubed chopped carrots.
- You need 6 of potatoes peeled.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt to taste.
- You need 1 pinch of chilli powder(optional).
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
The dish is basically a bean stew (sometimes with. Последние твиты от Githeri News (@GitheriNews). Latest news from a different angle This is a Kenyan staple meal made of boiled green maize and beans. I have made a guide that uses basic ingredients and if you follow it I guarantee you will.
Githeri step by step
- Place your sufuria on heat and add oil in it and place your onions, cook until soft then add your crushed garlic and ginger let it cook for 3 mins then add your tomatoes until they are well cooked,add your salt and chilli powder..
- Then add your potatoes and water, let it cook until they are well cooked then add your mixed maize and yellow beans let it cook, lower your heat and finally add your last ingredients carrots and courgette (added them last so that they can't overcook)..
- Finally serve and enjoy your githeri..
Githeri is a simple yet nourishing Kenyan dish that originated with Kikuyu tribe. The combination of beans and corn supplies a full complement of protein. Githeri is a traditional recipe of Kenya. Learn how to make/prepare Githeri by following this easy Season the Githeri with salt. It is accompanied with chapattis, ugali, and.