Baked aubegine in sauce. How to make baked aubergine with tomato sauce (step by step): Preheat the oven. Cook the onion in a frying pan over a medium heat then add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, chopped tomatoes and seasoning. Layer the sliced aubergine and tomato sauce alternately in a baking dish.
Spread out the aubergine in a roasting tin or on a baking sheet (you may need to use two) and drizzle with the oil. Turn the pieces over with your hands and season. I seem to be going back to my Middle Eastern roots recently where food is concerned. You can cook Baked aubegine in sauce using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked aubegine in sauce
- Prepare 1 of aubegine cut long ways in half.
- It’s of Finely sliced into circles small potato.
- It’s Half of a courgette finely cut into circles.
- You need 1 of cheddar cheese roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 tin of plumb tomatoes.
- It’s cloves of Garlic puree or failing that crushed.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Red pesto.
- It’s of Capers and olives.
Typically made with a minced lamb base, topped with fried aubergine slices then everything is covered with a tomato sauce and baked into a thick sauce, perfect with rice or bread. If you are looking for a simple pesto recipe that doesn't require a mortar and pestle or even The aubergine and tomato would also make an excellent sauce for pasta. Just roughly chop the cooked vegetables and stir through hot pasta. Our baked miso aubergine recipe is the perfect starter to any oriental meal.
Baked aubegine in sauce step by step
- Cover the bottom of the pan in olive oil smooth chopped courgettes and potatoes making sure both sides have been exposed to olive oil.
- Cut highways into the halved aubegine and stuff cheese deeply into it. Add garlic into grooves try to give a cover of the whole aubegine. Smooth over pesto as if adding butter to toast. Top with cheese and add too pan.
- Pour tin of tomatoes around aubegine and slightly over it and lastly sprinkle capers and olives with some cheese into the tomato sauce with a little more garlic in the sauce.
- Cook on 200 for 40 minutes with lid on. Check halfway through and stir the sauce. Once out of the oven let it cool for 15 mins or so. On plate add some parmesan.
Remove the aubergines from the oven and drizzle with sesame oil. Spread the miso sauce over the top, then grill for just a couple of minutes until the sauce bubbles. Place the aubergine halves, cut-side up, on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. For the sauce, just whisk together all of the ingredients. Taste for seasoning, then keep cold until needed.