Frittata. Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses or vegetables. The word frittata is Italian and roughly translates to "fried.". Frittatas have saved me on more hungry weeknights than I care to count.
The frittata can be served immediately or warm. Make this frittata recipe with your add-ins of choice, though in my world, bacon tops the list! Great way to make breakfast for a crowd and a make ahead, protein rich meal you can keep for days and days. You can cook Frittata using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Frittata
- It’s 6 of x medium eggs.
- You need 1 of x bell pepper sliced.
- Prepare 1 of x courgette sliced.
- It’s 4-5 of cooked new potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of x sliced red onion.
- Prepare 6 of x sliced button mushrooms.
- You need 1 of x tbsp chopped parsley.
- You need 1-2 of x tbsp olive oil.
- You need of seasoning.
Spring Vegetable Frittata Recipe – How to Make a Baked Frittata. Clean Eating Summer Squash Frittata Recipe. Italian-style omelets for stove top or oven. Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Wash and slice all of your vegetables, then heat your oven proof frying pan, I like to start cooking the courgettes first, allow them to fry for a minute or 2 to take a little colour.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms, season a little at this stage(this helps draw moisture from the vegetables and speed up the cooking). Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes then add the rest of the veg. Cook for a further 5 minutes then add parsley and seasoned eggs..
- Transfer to a pre heated oven 180c for 10-15 minutes, test if it is cooked by pressing the top, it should be firm to the touch and slightly springy. Give the pan a shake as well and if the omelette isn't cooked you will see it wobble, leave it to relax for 5 minutes before turning onto a plate..
- Hold the handle of the pan with one hand and press the plate (larger than the pan) firmly on top, Turn upside down with one confident motion..
- For best results leave to cool a little before cutting, this one will serve 4 main course size portions or 6 snack sized (you decide). Serve with a crunchy salad and a glass of wine. The one in the final image is of another frittata I made more recently. This was one of the first videos that I made for my youtube channel and I hadn't captured a good image, I've added red pepper and peas as you can see.
Make this frittata even easier by using cooked bacon from the freezer. It's a wonderful dish to serve. A frittata goes down well for any meal, hot or cold, in sandwiches or with salads. There's not many better ways of using up Load your frittata with whatever takes your fancy or riff on the recipes below. A spicy twist on a simple frittata recipe, with Masala paste, coriander and plump cherry tomatoes.