Grilled Corn Potato Chowder.
You can have Grilled Corn Potato Chowder using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Corn Potato Chowder
- Prepare 1 ounce of oil.
- You need 3-4 slices of bacon -diced 1/4"(cold bacon dices easier than room temprature)-I love bacon so I use four:).
- You need of Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the one ounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux.
- It’s 8 ounces of sweet onion — diced 1/4".
- Prepare 1/2 of of red bell pepper –diced 1/4”.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic -chopped.
- You need 1 of each jalapeno- diced finely.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes – diced 1/4".
- You need 32 ounces of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 3 ears of corn, peeled, oiled, seasoned with a little salt, grilled to a light brown color, and striped from the cob.
- Prepare of Note 12 ounces of can corn will work in place of grilled corn.
- You need 1 cup of cream or half and half or milk (Milk came out great and cream tasted the best:).
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of cilantro- chopped.
Grilled Corn Potato Chowder step by step
- Heat a 5qt.sauce pan with one ounce of oil Brown the diced bacon in a large 5qt.sauce..
- Sauté onion, red bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno until limp with browned bacon (do not get to hot) about 3 minutes.
- Dust w/ flour and stir together. (This is a compound roux).
- Add corn, potatoes,milk and chicken stock to the pot season with salt, pepper, sugar and thyme, and bring to a boil..
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, (about 15-20 minutes). Adjust seasoning as needed and add the chopped parsley or cilantro..
- Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the oneounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux..