Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Rustic Hash.
You can have Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Rustic Hash using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Rustic Hash
- You need 4 of Salmon fillet pieces with skin on, about 4-6oz. each, deboned.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of melted butter or canola oil (or Earth Balance Dairy-Free butter).
- You need 1 of lemon, sliced into wedges.
- Prepare of The Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of coarse kosher salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of dried minced onion.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dill.
- Prepare of The Hash.
- You need 2 lb. of russet potatoes, rough peeled, cut into 1/2” cubes.
- It’s 1 of small green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of small red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 slices of thick-cut bacon, chopped into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne or ancho Chile pepper.
- You need About 2-3 Tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped chives or green onion tops.
Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Rustic Hash instructions
- Prepare the grill. If using charcoal, try to use natural paper with vegetable oil in lieu of lighter fluid. Allow 20 minutes or so for coals to burn down to white, ashy surface. Grill should be 450-500 degrees..
- Prep the salmon by patting dry with paper towel. Brush all sides with melted butter or canola oil. Evenly sprinkle seasoning on all sides, finishing skin side down..
- Heat canola oil in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon and cook 4-5 minutes until starts to render and brown..
- Add potatoes to skillet and fry 4-6 minutes. Turn once gently to not mash..
- Add the red onion to the pan and cook another 5 minutes or so until onions start to cook.
- Add the bell peppers and continue cooking until potatoes start to crisp and turn golden brown..
- Shift gears- time to put the salmon on the grill. Arrange fillets over direct heat, skin side down. Be cautious not to put over direct flame. Cook about 6-8 minutes until color starts to change lighter pinks, and begins to flake..
- While fish is grillin’, finish the hash. Reduce heat to medium or medium low. Add the minced garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Allow to finish crisping the potatoes..
- Back to the fish- after salmon has cooked 6-8 minutes, and begins to flake, gently turn fillets over to lightly grill the top side for about 1 minute. This will add just a little color and char to the top..
- Transfer salmon to a platter, skin side down. Lightly spritz tops of the fish with a few fresh-squeezed lemon wedges..
- Time to plate! Make a nice bed of hash in center of the plate. Place a piece of salmon on top. The fish can be served with or without the skin as you prefer. Garnish dish with a pinch of chives or chopped green onion..