Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo. All Reviews for Spicy Coconut and Lime Grilled Shrimp. When grilling poured some of the extra marinade onto the shrimp the grill almost toasted the coconut which was great. Then served up the last bit of the extra marinade as a dipping sauce was excellent!
It can be prepared as a crunchy dish with the shrimp coated and deep fried, pan-fried or baked, and as a sautéed dish using coconut milk and other ingredients. It can be prepared and served on skewers. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo etc". You can have Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo
- It’s 18 of small thin skin stew potatoes.
- It’s 12 of corn on the cob (short/shucked).
- It’s 4 cups of baby carrots.
- Prepare 3 of sweet bell peppers (green, yellow and red cut into wedges).
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli (chunked).
- Prepare 2 of red or green apples (wedged).
- You need 2 lbs of large butterfly shrimp.
- It’s 1 cup of butter (salted).
- You need of Sweet Coconut Sauce (optional).
- You need 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter (softened).
- It’s 6 Tbsp of malibu coconut flavored rum.
- You need of For Spicey Sweet Coconut Sauce (add ingredients from below).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper.
All reviews coconut shrimp jambalaya seafood ribs mac cheese pudding steak visited bubba gump stop forrest stop run forrest run themed restaurant leicester square piccadilly circus seated straight away wait for a table booth theatre. This Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo is a delicious, quick and easy gumbo recipe! Wanted coconut shrimp for my daughter's birthday, but wanted it with less fat, mess and time consumption, so grilled shrimp seemed appropriate, found this recipe and experimented with my parents, an aunt and friend. We loved it, not at all like fried coconut shrimp, but very good.
Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo instructions
- Prepare grill (gas or charcoal) and heat it up. If using a charcoal grill, let the starter fluid cook off before applying any food. Restrict the air flow to allow for a slower cook time. 400° with no flame is ideal.
- In a aluminum cooking pan (9×15) place the butter inside the pan and all other ingredients. Add your favorite Seasoning(s).
- Let grill until all vegetables are tender and had a chance to incorporate that smoky flavor (about a hour and a half.) Stir at every thirty minute mark and maintain as much heat as you can on the grill without adding more charcoal. (gas grills do not apply).
- While Gumbo is grilling. In a medium bowl add powdered sugar, softened butter and Malibu Coconut flavored Rum and mix together until smooth. Set aside. The sweet sauce is a optional choice for the individual taste and should not be added to the main dish unless you want that sweet Coconut flaver. Some folks may like it with only the Seasoning of the individuals choice..
- (OPTIONAL) If you want your Sweet Coconut Sauce Spicey, add Cayenne and Crushed Red Pepper to the mixture..
- You are ready to serve your outstanding Sweet Shrimp Gumbo in various combinations to please all your guests.. Enjoy!.
Some gumbos do contain sausage, shrimp and chicken, but there are humbler ones that are made with only salt pork, onions and greens. Finally, there is the filé powder camp. These cooks use copious amounts of the stuff, which is made from finely powdered sassafras leaves. I have adapted this recipe for Coconut Shrimp Stew to some degree since obtaining all the ingredients that I learned to cook with in Phnom Penh proved tricky here in the States. However, I've left two traditional ingredients in the recipe: lemongrass and fresh turmeric.