Baked Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes. Remove them from the oven and carefully insert the cheddar cheese slices into each cut in the potato. In a small saucepot, bring the butter, oil and garlic to a boil over high heat; remove from the heat. A fun twist on a classic baked potato, stuffed with butter, then coated with melted cheese and bacon.
Add cheese and bacon, I'm done. How to make Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes: Prep. Take a potato, one at a time, and slice thinly without going all the way through. You can cook Baked Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes
- It’s 8-10 of Potatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt or to taste.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Red Chilli flakes.
- You need 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese shredded.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
I find using two wooden utensils on either side of the potato (using a sharp knife and a cutting board) to help greatly. Well, the fuss is real, foodie friends. PRO TIP: Freshly shredded cheddar cheese is the way to go on these! Just when you thought baked potatoes couldn't get any better, they do…. and then just when you thought hasselback potatoes couldn't get any better, they do!!
Baked Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes instructions
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes. Do not peel them. Meanwhile preheat oven on 240°..
- Place them all in between two wooden spoons or big skewers one by one and start cutting them. This trick of placing the spoon or skewers prevent the potatoes being cut fully. Keep slicing them but not all the way through. Stop it when the knife touches the spoon handles..
- This way all your potatoes are neatly done. Now mix melted butter or olive oil along with some of your favourite herbs and drench the potatoes with this dressing. Place them in a parchment paper lined baking tray..
- Bake them on the last rack of a fan assisted oven for nearly 45-50 minutes. After fully done, remove them and stuff the cheese into them. Sprinkle some chilli flakes accordingly and pop it back in the oven for 5 more minutes or just until the cheese melts..
- Serve them immediately for a scrumptious dinner right away. Cheesyliciously delicious and perfect for a family dinner..
The result is baked Hasselback potatoes crispy and golden on the outside, soft, creamy and loaded with flavor on the inside. There are a million variations you can try: with parmesan cheese, chives and sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, crumbled feta cheese and spring onions, etc. Stir together the butter, olive oil, chives and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Peel the potatoes, and place in bowl of cold water to prevent browning. Place potatoes into a large wooden or metal spoon.