Beef in Beer Gravy and Hasselback potatoes.
You can cook Beef in Beer Gravy and Hasselback potatoes using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef in Beer Gravy and Hasselback potatoes
- It’s 500 g of beef chunks already marinated.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely diced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of gingergarlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 cups of beer.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Medium sized potatoes already peeled.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 1 of mixture of salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper tsp each.
Beef in Beer Gravy and Hasselback potatoes instructions
- Brown your beef in a shallow frying pan and set aside. With the same vegetable oil cook your onion and ginger garlic paste and set aside too..
- Melt your butter on low heat.
- Add in your flour and sugar.
- Cook until it makes a nice thick paste. If it's too thick then you can dilute with a tbsp of water. It should be of the consistency of porridge. It's called roux.
- In a separate saucepot add in your onion mixture, roux, soy sauce, vinegar and beer and bring to a boil then simmer..
- Add in your beef and simmer till the stew thickens to nice gravy.
- Once ready…season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with your best accompaniment preferably rice or potatoes..
- For your hasselback potatoes, bring your peeled potatoes to a boil in salted water until well cooked. Set aside to cool..
- Place one potato after the other on a wooden spoon and make slits across the potatoes. The wooden spoon prevents you from cutting the potatoes all the way through.
- Your slit potatoes should resemble these….
- Deep fry in hot vegetable oil till golden and crispy..
- Once ready toss in garlic powder salt and cayenne mixture till evenly coated. Enjoy..