Baklava (using puff pastry). Puff pastry is filled with an exquisite cinnamon-walnut-sugar combination, baked, and then topped with a sweet honey topping to make a spectacularly delicious dessert! On social media, use this hashtag to join the conversation Did you know that you can now make baklava with this recipe at home. Try Baklava with Puff Pastry Recipe. #HappyCookingToYou Written Recipe.
This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert, and easy to make too! Once the baklava is layered, cut it into pieces using a sharp knife: You can do squares, diamonds, triangles, or whatever shape you want. You can cook Baklava (using puff pastry) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baklava (using puff pastry)
- You need 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of crushed nuts (pistachio,walnut,cashew and etc.).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 pack of puff pastry or phyllo sheets.
- It’s of For the syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
Quick and easy Baklava inspired pastries, that start with store-bought, all-butter puff pastry. Baklava is a Middle Eastern specialty. Baklava is made in many shapes I decided to make them in rolls. Instead of honey I used sugar to glaze and flavored with cardamom.
Baklava (using puff pastry) step by step
- If phyllo pastry, brush with butter every sheets until you reach the 5th sheets and then put the nuts..
- If puff pastry, brush butter and put some nuts on every layer of the sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 15mins..
- Cut pastry into diagonal shape and then bake for 1hour and 15mins..
- Prepare the syrup by mixing all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan until boiled. Then let it cool for a while.
- Lastly, once the pastry is cooked, spread the syrup and garnish with the remaining nuts.
This also works wonders with puff pastry sheets – IT is actually nicer with the puff sheets. Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter, cut Place pastry pieces on prepared baking sheet. Using a wide metal spatula, transfer pastry pieces to a wire rack.