Tuna puff pastry pie. In the basic variation of the recipe, only dough, tuna and onions are needed, the rest is a matter of taste. Add some more ingredients and get a masterpiece fish pie with tuna! Learn how to make a delicious Spanish empanada, made with puff pastry and filled with tuna, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and tomato sauce.
Slice tomatoes and distribute over pastry. Break up tuna with a fork and scatter on top. In a bowl beat eggs and crème fraîche and pour over filling. You can cook Tuna puff pastry pie using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna puff pastry pie
- You need 2 of tins of tuna.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of apple (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chutney.
- Prepare 2 of rolls puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
This tuna pie is marvelous because is very cheap and looks nice in your table, my husband really love it, it's perfect for a dinner party. Flatten the other half of the puff pastry, place pastry over top of tuna pie and tuck in the sides. With a fork make some holes. The puff pastry is put to great use in this recipe and it is simple to prepare and even easier to enjoy.
Tuna puff pastry pie step by step
- Preheat oven at 200°C..
- Chop onion and (peeled) apple into very small pieces..
- Drain tins of tuna and put in a bowl with the onion and apple..
- Add approximately 3 – 4 table spoons of mayonnaise. The mixture should be wet but not too much..
- Add 2 tablespoons of chutney (or more if you like)..
- Add salt to taste and toss in the grated cheese. Mix all the ingredients together..
- Lay 1 roll of puff pastry into a prepared ovenproof dish. Make sure it covers the bottom and sides of the dish..
- Spoon in mixture and spread it out..
- Add the top layer of puff pastry and pinch the edges together so that nothing leaks out. Brush with egg..
- Put the pie in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. The pie should be golden..
- Let the pie stand once out of the oven for 20 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy! This pie can be eaten as a snack or as a main meal with salad, fries or vegetables..
This tuna pie is just right for your dinner table. Tuna pies are simple simple to make and incredibly delicious. All you need is a couple of cans of tuna, some puff pastry you can pick up in the frozen section of any grocery store, and a few other simple ingredients you will probably have in your fridge and pantry. It does not get much more simple than this. Turkey and Vegetable Puffs (Puff Pastry Pies) – RECIPE.