Apple Turnover. Easy homemade apple turnovers made with puff pastry and a delicious apple filling. When I was growing up, we always had some apple turnovers in our freezer. Apple turnovers are easy to make!
Truth be told, I'm not sure that I've ever eaten a. And right now, I am all about the apples, from caramel apples and apple tarts to apple fritter rings and now, Easy Apple Turnovers. Apple Turnovers made completely from scratch! You can have Apple Turnover using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Turnover
- You need 1 batch of homemade/store bought puff pastry.
- It’s 4-5 of small apples, peeled, cored, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of egg yolk, lightly beaten.
This recipe starts with my homemade pie crust, is made with a simple apple filling, and topped off with a drizzle of vanilla glaze! If this video was helpfull i would appreciate a donation so i can continue making these vid's , speeding the information and reviling all the baking secrets. Apple Turnovers: Working with one square of puff pastry at a time, brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash. Classic apple turnovers are an easy fall treat everyone should make at least once.
Apple Turnover instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Add the apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, sugar, butter and salt to a saute pan, and cook over medium heat until the apples soften and caramelize. Stir frequently..
- Remove the apples from the heat and let cool to room temperature..
- Take the puff pastry out from the fridge..
- Sprinkle the work surface and puff pastry with flour. Roll out the dough into a 12-inch square. Use flour to prevent sticking. Cut the dough into four equal squares..
- Divide the apple mixture into 4 piles in the corners of the dough, but leave about 3/4" of border. Fold the edges of the dough over each of the apple piles. You will have 4 triangular pies..
- Crimp tightly along the edges with a fork to seal..
- Move the pies to the baking sheet. Brush each pie generously with the beaten egg yolk..
- Bake the pies for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy..
- Flaky, buttery and sweet..
Press the edges with the back of a fork to seal them completely. Brush turnovers with more egg wash. The best apple turnover you will ever have. Made with a buttery, flaky puff pastry shell that's filled a sweet, tart apple & cinnamon filling and glazed with a cream cheese icing. When the first few nights turn chilly, all thoughts go to baking—and apples.