Berries And' Cream Tarts. Top with raspberries and blueberries, and serve immediately. If you're not going to serve the tart immediately, add a glaze to keep the fruit fresh. We can't think of any better way to use fresh summer berries than this decadent tart recipe.
Spread mixture evenly into cooled pastry shell. These sweet berry-topped tarts have a nutty surprise waiting at the bottom. Make Pastry Cream: Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk egg yolks, granulated sugar, cake flour and salt until smooth. You can cook Berries And' Cream Tarts using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Berries And' Cream Tarts
- Prepare 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 2/3 cups of granulated sugar + some extra sugar to sprinkle.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 1 Tbs of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark chocolate.
- You need of Strawberries.
- It’s of Extra Equipment.
- You need 3 of " cookie cutter (I used a glass).
- You need 2 of " cookie cutter (I used a glass).
- It’s of Puff pastry bag or zip lock bag.
- Prepare of Star tip (optional).
- Prepare of Large ziplock bag (for ganache).
Looking for a crunchy fruit dessert? Then check out these delicious tarts made with Nature Valley® granola bars, spread with cream cheese and topped with berries. The berries and cream tartlets were amazing and were so delicious , it was a bit hard to make but it was worth it. I will surly make this recipe again next time.
Berries And' Cream Tarts instructions
- Thaw puff pastry on the counter, then put one sheet on top of the other and press the two together by rolling gently with a rolling pin until about 12×16 inches in size. Do not flour in between. Doubling the sheets will produce higher borders on the tarts. Cut out circles with a 3 inch cookie cutter. Try to cut them out as close as possible, leaving minimal amount of scraps in between..
- Remove scraps to a different parchment lined baking sheet. Move each cut out circle about 3/4 inch from each other. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, press it in the middle of the circle, almost all the way through..
- Whisk the eggs together for the egg wash.Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of each circle as well as the scraps that were leftover..
- Generously sprinkle tops of the cutout circles with granulated sugar..
- Bake in preheated to 425°F for 15 minutes or until puffed up and golden in colour..
- For the Ganache: Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream until almost boiling. Pour over 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Stir until smooth..
- Line a cup with a sandwich size ziplock bag and pour the ganache in..
- For the cream: Combine 2 cups heavy cream, 2/3 cup sugar & 1 Tbsp vanilla in a bowl of an electric mixer..
- Whip on high until stiff. Fill a pastry bag or a gallon sized ziplock bag fitted with a large star tip with the cream. Refrigerate until ready to use. Try to use within 15 minutes of making it..
- Line a large glass or a vase with the pastry bag fitted with a star tip (or a ziplock bag). Set aside..
- As soon as the pastries are baked and out of the oven, with your fingers or with a smaller cookie cutter, press in the middle to bring it down, leaving the sides as the borders to our pastries. Let completely cool..
- Snip off the end of the ziplock bag with the chocolate ganache and generously drizzle inside of the tarts, leaving about 1/4 of the ganache to drizzle later on top as decoration.
- Fill the pastry bag with the reserved cream and then use it to fill the middle with cream as well..
- Now slice the strawberries lengthwise and place one on each tart. Using leftover ganache, drizzle each tart..
- These pastries are best served cold, right out of the fridge. Enjoy!.
I halved the recipe and it came out lovely. Perfect for a party, these individual berry desserts are easy to customize. This French Lemon Cream Tart is creamy and light – yet rich and decadent too – and balances sweetness and tartness just right. The Berry Cream Tart recipe out of our category tart! For the topping, rinse cherries and berries, remove pits if necessary, trim and cut strawberries in half.