Blueberry Turnovers. Blueberry Turnovers. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Blueberry Turnovers – a pre-cooked blueberry pie filling and a forgiving sweet butter pastry recipe make these turnovers practically foolproof. Blueberry Turnovers are an easy and delicious way to enjoy fresh summer blueberries.
These flaky lemon blueberry turnovers are made with frozen puff pastry so they're easy to make. They're fill with fresh blueberries, lime juice and zest and baked to golden brown perfection. Then check out this delicious blueberry turnover recipe that's ready in less than an hour. blueberry turnovers recipes; recipes from around the world from real cooks. You can have Blueberry Turnovers using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Turnovers
- Prepare 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh/ frozen blueberries.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
Narrow search to just "blueberry turnovers" in the title sorted by quality sort by rating or Advanced search. Brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle with granulated sugar. These lemon blueberry turnovers are a fast and easy dessert that everyone will love – the perfect sweet treat for the summer! These lemon blueberry turnovers were SO tasty!
Blueberry Turnovers step by step
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup only of blueberries, cornstarch, sugar, and lemon zest under low heat. Crush the blueberries completely and bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add butter and remaining blueberries to sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into quarters. Spoon 2 tablespoons of blueberry filling into each, then fold over diagonally and seal the edges.
- Beat together egg and water, then brush pastry tops with mixture. Puncture with a fork or toothpick for ventilation.
- Bake at 450F for 15 minutes..
Blueberry Turnovers – easy brunch dessert idea that everyone will love! Flaky, crispy pastry filled with blueberries and creamy lemon filling. Pie filling is perfect for quick dessert ideas, like my Strawberry. The pie recipe I use is from The Best Recipe but we used a mix of about three different recipes to make the turnovers. Turnovers: Prepare egg wash and set aside.