Peaches and Cream Strudel. A Delight to make And a Pleasure to eat. Top with peaches and roll the phyllo sheets over like a jellyroll, finish with seam side down. It turned out as beautiful as the picture, I used canned apple pie filling.
In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk until well blended. Visit CalorieKing to see calorie count and nutrient data for all portion sizes. Mini Peach Strudels – perfect way to use up those leftover peaches in the summer. You can have Peaches and Cream Strudel using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peaches and Cream Strudel
- Prepare 2 of medium peaches.
- It’s 1/4 cup of + 3 tbsp. sugar, divided.
- Prepare 6 oz. of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of large egg + 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature, divided.
- Prepare 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed.
- You need of Cinnamon Sugar, for topping.
- Prepare of Confectioners Sugar, for topping.
- Prepare of Sliced Almonds, for topping.
I just love to bake and there isn't a weekend that goes by that I don't bake something. Using prepared puff pastry sheets and frozen peach slices makes it so easy to create this mouthwatering peach strudel that tastes even better than it looks! Roasted Sweet Plantains With Cream and Cinnamon. The best cupcakes have frosting on top and a filling in the center.
Peaches and Cream Strudel instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside..
- Begin by chopping up the peaches and placing them in a medium saucepan. You can peel them first of you'd like, we didn't. To the saucepan, stir in 3 tbsp of sugar and turn the heat to medium. Cook for just 3-5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the peaches have softened slightly. Remove from heat and drain any excess fluid. Set aside..
- Make the cream cheese filling by placing the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and mixing together using a hand mixer. Then mix in the 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolk. Once combined, set this aside..
- On a lightly floured surface, place the puff pastry sheet and sprinkle flour lightly over the top of it as well. Roll it out into a rectangle that's roughly 12×14 in shape. Using a pizza cutter or pizza scissors, start cutting slits into both sides of the puff pastry. They should go diagonally up starting at the bottom of each side and each should be about 1 inch thick. They should go about 1/3 of the way towards the center, as you want plenty of room in the center for the filling..
- Place four more small slits (2 at the bottom and 2 at the top) just straight up roughly on the edges of where the center is. Spoon the cream cheese mixture down the center of the puff pastry and spread it out evenly, leaving an inch or so of space at each end. Then spoon the peaches over the top of the cream cheese..
- Fold the bottom piece up and over onto the top of the peach mixture to help deal the bottom, then begin at one end of the bottom diagonal slits and fold each strip diagonally over the peach mixture. Alternate sides to give it a braided look. Before doing the last two, fold the top piece up and over to deal the other end, then lay the last two diagonal pieces over it..
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the top of the pastry. Then lightly sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Once it's done, allow it to cook for 5 or so minutes, then dust with confectioners sugar and top with sliced almonds if you'd like..
- Slice into pieces and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers. To reheat leftovers, place in a 350°F oven for just 5 or so minutes, so it will be warm and crispy..
Get the recipe from Chocolate Moosey. Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream. When given the choice, always add ice cream. The Peaches and Cream hybrid is a Skunk phenotype with a flavor that lives up to its name. Though floral and citrusy in aroma, Peaches and Cream has a sweet fruity taste underscored by a subtle spiciness.