Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe and South Africa. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies!
Meat Pies Recipe & Video. printer friendly page. These individual Meat Pies have a buttery crisp top and bottom crust with a delicious filling of ground pork and beef, along with lots of vegetables. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. You can cook Meat pie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare 2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow pepper.
- You need of salt & black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 400 grams of minced beef.
- Prepare 50 grams of mushrooms.
- Prepare of puff pastry.
Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. Australians didn't invent the meat pie, well it's actually not certain who did.
Meat pie instructions
- put the cut onions & the cut garlic cloves in a pan.
- When crystallize the onion, put all the chopped peppers strips.
- Put the minced beef, the mushrooms & the red wine in.
- use the puff pastry into a pie pan with olive oil for the first layer.
- Put the cooked stew to the top of the mold.
- using a second layer of puff pastry for the top, remember to open holes for steam to escape.
- Bake for half an hour at 200 ° C.
Almost every country around the world has its own national pie for Australians it's usually beer or steak and kidney. With lots of wholesome veggies and meats on the inside, and a flaky pastry crust on the outside, what's not to like about English Pasties or Meat Pies? There are so many Meat Pie Recipes around the world, and the Aussie Meat Pie is one of my favorites! An Australian classic enjoyed by young and old. Enjoyed as individual pies or family size.