Lobster potpie. Cut the lobster meat into medium-sized cubes. Place the lobster, frozen peas, frozen onions, and parsley in a bowl (there. Brandy adds a luxurious note to these creamy lobster pot pies.
Chefs Michael Mina and Greg Zanitsch sate cool-weather cravings with two different takes on a savory pie, paired with rich white wines. This week Gross Guy teaches you how to make Lobster Pot Pie! It's like Chicken Pot Pie, but with lobster and clam chowder! You can cook Lobster potpie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lobster potpie
- Prepare 1 1/2 qt of heavy cream, or split with half&half, reduced by 25%.
- Prepare 1 pint of lobster stock, reduced by half.
- It’s 1 of potato, cut in cubes and blanched.
- You need 1 of large carrot, cut in cubes and blanched.
- You need 1/2 of fennel, cut in cubes and blanched.
- Prepare 10 oz of chopped lobster meat.
- It’s to taste of S&P.
- Prepare 1 sheet of puff pastry, rolled to 1/16" thick and cut into 4 cir.
- You need 1 of egg for wash*.
- Prepare 2 tsp of thyme, off stems.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of asparagus, chopped (instead of potato).
- Prepare of Cornstarch (to thicken).
We realize it's a rare occasion when you're faced with more lobster meat than you know what with. You could do what we do and have yourself a little private VIP party with some. Learn how to make Individual Lobster Pot Pies. These classic Maine lobster pot pies suggest a relaxing evening in a seaside cottage.
Lobster potpie step by step
- Preheat oven to 500°. Whisk the reduced cream and lobster stock together to make sauce..
- In a pot, heat sauce with vegetables and lobster. Season to taste with S&P and add thyme..
- Place equal amounts of sauce with lobster and vegetables into 4 12oz gratin dishes. Place rolled puff pastry on top and brush with egg wash. Place in the oven for 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and serve..
- Egg wash: mix egg with 1 tsp water or milk and a pinch of salt..
- I used 1-2C chopped asparagus instead of the potato. I also added 3 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) because I felt it is to liquidy..
They are loaded with sweet Maine Lobster laced with luscious but light sherry cream. Just like chicken pot pie, except with lobster. I thought I'll give this a twist and splurge with lobster. It turns out it's not a very good idea. I first found this recipe using cream and a.