Pork and Apple Sausage rolls. Pork & apple sausage rolls. with leek, thyme and mustard seeds. Halve lengthways and place a strip of mince down the centre of each. Brush the edges with beaten egg, roll up and seal.
These easy-to-make sausage rolls provide a tasty twist on a picnic food classic. Cook until soft, then add the carrot and apple. Transfer to a bowl, then mix in the sage and pork mince until well combined. You can have Pork and Apple Sausage rolls using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork and Apple Sausage rolls
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 1 of tube of sausage meat.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of Apple.
- Prepare 2 of square sheets of puff pastry.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
Place the sausage rolls on a chopping board, seam-side down. Cut each roll into three equal pieces. Brush the sausage rolls with more beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Pork Sausage Rolls – well seasoned ground pork mixed with deliciously caramelized apple & roasted fennel spice, wrapped in a buttery, flaky puff Up your sausage roll game with these Caramelized Apple and Fennel, Pork Sausage Rolls.
Pork and Apple Sausage rolls step by step
- Preheat oven to 360°F..
- Chop the onion finely and soften in a hot frying pan with a little oil, this will take 5 – 10 mins..
- Remove the onion from the heat to cool completely. You can now prepare the rest of the filling. Peel and core the apple. Grate the apple into a large bowl. Add the pork sausage meat and breadcrumbs..
- On a flat surface lay out the pastry sheets. Cut the squares in half length ways to make four rectangles..
- Now the onion is cool, add into your large bowl with the meat. Mix with your hands until well combined..
- Grab a handful of the sausage meat mix and roll in your hands to make a long slab, about four centimeters thick and as long as your pastry rectangle. Place the sausage meat slab in the middle of your rectangle. You'll want about 4-5 cm either side of pastry..
- Use a pastry brush to paint the pastry around the meat with milk. Now wrap the bottom side of the pastry around the meat tightly, so there are no gaps. Then roll the other side over the meat so the pastry overlaps and pat down so it sticks. You should have one long sausage roll now..
- Complete steps 5 and 6 until you have filled all of your pastry rectangles..
- Now using a sharp knife, cut the larger rolls into smaller rolls. Mine are about 10 cm long each..
- Score the top of each roll three times with the knife, and brush with the milk. This makes the pastry golden..
- Place fold side down on a baking try and bake for 30 mins..
- Remove from oven and let cool on try for 5 – 10 mins before serving. Enjoy!.
These will be THE BEST SAUSAGE ROLLS you ever make! This is a slight variation on a typical sausage roll which incorporates fresh apples for that extra bit of flavour. Turn the sausage roll over and make small slits across the top to let out the steam. Quick to prepare and tasty to eat, these pork sausage rolls with apple and sage are just the thing for a light supper. Delicious served still warm from the oven.