Giuliana’s Homemade Buco Pie.
You can cook Giuliana’s Homemade Buco Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Giuliana’s Homemade Buco Pie
- It’s of Puff Pastry.
- Prepare of My homemade puff pastry (see my cheesy egg tarts recipe).
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh coconut water.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of coconut meat (shredded or sliced to your preference).
Giuliana’s Homemade Buco Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees celsius)..
- Take out the puff pastry from the fridge and lay it out in the pie pan. Flatten the pastry and make sure the sides of the pan well-covered. Trim the excess. Put back the pan with the oastry inaide the fridge to set..
- Prepare the eggs. Take one egg and separate the yolk from the white. Set aside the white. Lightly beat the remaining two eggs with the separated yolk. Set aside..
- Mix the cream and the coconut water. Set for about 5 minutes. Add in the beaten eggs, sugar, flour and margarine..
- Mix the coconut meat. Add in the vanilla..
- Lightly beat the separated egg white. Take out the pan from the fridge and use the beaten egg white to brush the whole pastry. Keep the beaten egg whites for use later..
- Pour in the mixture. Bake for 50-55 minutes..
- Take out the pan 7 minutes before baking time stops. Brush the top with the beaten egg whites and put back inside the oven..
- Serve hot or chilled. Enjoy!.