Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe and South Africa. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies!
Meat Pies Recipe & Video. printer friendly page. These individual Meat Pies have a buttery crisp top and bottom crust with a delicious filling of ground pork and beef, along with lots of vegetables. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. You can cook Meat pie using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare 250 gms of flour.
- It’s 250 g of margarine.
- You need 125 ml of cold water.
- Prepare 1/2 of tap lemon juice.
- Prepare of I/2 tsp salt.
- Prepare of Meat pies.
- Prepare 200 g of puff pastry.
- You need 500 gm of mince meat.
- Prepare 120 g of onions.
- You need 2 of bunches.
- You need 2 pcs of beef cubes.
- It’s of Seasoning.
Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. Australians didn't invent the meat pie, well it's actually not certain who did.
Meat pie step by step
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Rub in 100gms of margarine into the flour and add water and lemon juice.
- Make into asmooth dough and shape into a ball and relax for 20min in a cold place.
- Cut the dough across half way through and pull out the. Corners and roll into a star shape.
- Place the margarine in the center of the dough and fold over the flaps, the center should be four times thicker than the flaps.
- Roll out into an oblong shape and give a double turn, relax in a cool place for 20min.
- Remove from the fridge and give 3 more turns relaxing for 20mins between each rolling.
- Relax in cool place before using..
- Meat pie — boil the minced meat in salty water.
- Finely chop the onions and saute'them in margarine.
- Add the seasonings and dry out.
- Cool and roll out the pastry and cut into rings.
- Put the fillings at the center and moisten the edges and put another ring on top then firmly seal..
- Decorate with a fork and egg wash.
- Leave to relax for a while before baking.
- Bake in a hot oven at 220 degrees for 25min in a dampened tray.
Almost every country around the world has its own national pie for Australians it's usually beer or steak and kidney. With lots of wholesome veggies and meats on the inside, and a flaky pastry crust on the outside, what's not to like about English Pasties or Meat Pies? There are so many Meat Pie Recipes around the world, and the Aussie Meat Pie is one of my favorites! An Australian classic enjoyed by young and old. Enjoyed as individual pies or family size.