Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe and South Africa. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies!
Meat Pies Recipe & Video. printer friendly page. These individual Meat Pies have a buttery crisp top and bottom crust with a delicious filling of ground pork and beef, along with lots of vegetables. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. You can cook Meat pie using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare of Puff pastry — 250g flour.
- It’s 250 gms of margarine.
- It’s 125 of ml.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Meat pies.
- It’s 200 gms of puff pastry.
- It’s 500 g of mince meat.
- It’s 120 gm of onions.
- Prepare 2 bunches of dhania.
- Prepare 2 pcs of beef cubes.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. Australians didn't invent the meat pie, well it's actually not certain who did.
Meat pie instructions
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Rub in 100gms margarine into the flour and add water and lemon juice.
- Make into a smooth dough and shape into a ball and relax for 20mins in a cold place.
- Cut the dough across half way through and pull out the corners and roll into a shape.
- Place the margarine in the centre of the dough and fold over the flaps four times.
- Roll out into and oblong shape and give a double turn, relax in a fridge for 20 mins.
- Remove from the fridge and give three more double turns relaxing for 20mins.
- Relax in a cool place before using.
- For the pie — Boil the minced meat in salty water.
- Finely chop the onions and saute' them in margarine.
- Add the seasoning and dry out.
- Cool and roll out the pastry and cut into rings.
- Put the fillings at the centre and moisten the edges and put another ring on top then firmly seal.
- Decorate with a fork and egg wash.
- Leave to relax for a while before baking.
- Bake in a hot oven at 220 degrees for 25mins in a dampened tray..
Almost every country around the world has its own national pie for Australians it's usually beer or steak and kidney. With lots of wholesome veggies and meats on the inside, and a flaky pastry crust on the outside, what's not to like about English Pasties or Meat Pies? There are so many Meat Pie Recipes around the world, and the Aussie Meat Pie is one of my favorites! An Australian classic enjoyed by young and old. Enjoyed as individual pies or family size.